Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Now safe to update?

Posted by yskysk 
Now safe to update?
November 18, 2012 04:07AM
Hi all. I have the hbc installed on a wii.

System Menu v418 (4.0E) Boot2 v4
Homebrew channel 1.10 IOS58 v24.32
Bootmii v1.4
Priiloader v0.7(v138) IOS v60 (I use this to boot directly to the HBC)
Gecko 1.9.3.1

I'd like to buy New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I know it updates the Wii system Menu to 4.2. So I'd like to know, with my configuration, is it safe to go through with the update? Will it delete/change any of the above applications? Should I just use Gecko to load the game? Thanks.
Re: Now safe to update?
November 18, 2012 01:52PM
Priiloader will be wiped out by any update, can easily be reinstalled. BootMii might need reinstalled as well. The latest HBC will survive ANY current update. Gecko OS will still work fine.

The only possible thing that could go wrong is if your Wii is actually a Korean Wii that has had it's region changed. Provided you got the Wii first hand, you have nothing to worry about. Some dodgy second hand dealers may sell region changed units as PAL units, but as long as you're sure it's a genuine PAL Wii, you will be fine.
Re: Now safe to update?
November 18, 2012 07:58PM
SifJar
Priiloader will be wiped out by any update, can easily be reinstalled. BootMii might need reinstalled as well. The latest HBC will survive ANY current update. Gecko OS will still work fine.

The only possible thing that could go wrong is if your Wii is actually a Korean Wii that has had it's region changed. Provided you got the Wii first hand, you have nothing to worry about. Some dodgy second hand dealers may sell region changed units as PAL units, but as long as you're sure it's a genuine PAL Wii, you will be fine.

Great, thanks for your help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login