Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Playing music while playing games? (Re-Incarnated) (DEVELOPERZ ONLY)

Posted by Wetter42 
Playing music while playing games? (Re-Incarnated) (DEVELOPERZ ONLY)
February 27, 2013 09:55AM
I'm Obviously new here...hello, hello...anyway, I just wanna go over some ideas, but IDK if this has already been thought of
The link for inspiration is here: [forum.wiibrew.org]

OK, Well, Call me crazy, but wouldn't it be cool if you can load MP3's and maybe even radio through the home menu screen? (eg when you press "home" on your wii remote), there can be another option for a simple mp3 player that plays music/accesses radio via flash drive, or even a usb drive, and maybe its simplicity + loading from external sources can reduce GPU Usage, henceforth, removing virtually all lag.

(This is for developers ONLY)
Re: Playing music while playing games? (Re-Incarnated) (DEVELOPERZ ONLY)
February 27, 2013 10:22AM
It's still not possible. First of all, what you are suggesting is modifying the way the "Home" Menu works. Only Nintendo has the source code for that and some serious hacking would be necessary in order to accomplish what you stated simply as adding "another option". It's not as simple as you might think. The mp3 playing code has to be located somewhere (in memory) and the mp3 must also be loaded into memory, which the Wii does not have much of. Loading from a USB drive does not change that fact. All the Wii's processes run using the Wii's memory (same with computers, phones, etc.) so there would still be a great decrease in performance.
February 27, 2013 11:06AM
In addition to what bg4545 has mentioned, I believe that the "Home" menu is actually found on the disc of each individual game; it's not a case of patching something on NAND and suddenly having a modified Home menu in every game, you have to patch it in every game, and I'm not completely sure on this, but I don't think one universal patch would work for all games. There may be slightly different versions of the menu found on different games etc., making individual patches needed.
February 27, 2013 05:28PM
Yeah, a Wii Xmb is not worth the effort and would probably make games lose frames per second.
February 28, 2013 05:00AM
Ok...I didn't know...thank you for tha feedback...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login