Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gamecube playback issue(s) and cleaning up my Wii

Posted by Ekfad 
Gamecube playback issue(s) and cleaning up my Wii
March 01, 2013 07:34PM
Hello,

It's been a few years since I've looked at my Wii.

Last weekend I wanted to play some original gamecube games and although there was nothing wrong with the discs I could'nt get it started. The official disc loader app could not read the disc. Because I installed an old back-up loader (Gamecube backup loader, 2years old), I tried that one and got an error message. After searching I tried to install Dios Mios and although their changed nothing with the original disc loader application I managed to load the games with the backup loader. Problem was everything is in German (in game)....

I'ld like to aks 2 questions;

1) How do I get the original loading/disc reader app back to work for the gamecube discs (original Wii games are loading just fine) and how do I change my language back to English? (Option side i have my preferred language on dutch and Englisch, unfortunately all gamecube games play. In German ?ow, those who have the option can be changed to English though)

2) Currently I'm on firmware 4.0 And I have a lot of homebrew which I'm not interested in on my home channel. How do I clean up my Wii. Is an update to 4.3 enough to get everything back on order so I can start out fresh again? Or is it possible, using homebrew to track everything installed on my wii and clean up the Homebrew I don't want to use anymore?

Update 2

Cleaned everything with Wad Creator.
Did a new softmodd and followed it step by step.
Now I can read my normal discs again and have a clean modded wii :o) Thanks to the irc channel.

Can be closed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2013 10:48PM by Ekfad.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login