Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wii won't play any ssbb disc

Posted by nectarspicture 
wii won't play any ssbb disc
March 03, 2013 06:07AM
I'm not sure when it started happening but all of a sudden my wii stopped playing the disc i had for super smash brawl. The disc channel recognizes it as ssbb, i can choose to open and press Start but then the screen goes black and i have to reset the console.Every other game i have works just fine, no problems at all. I figure it has something to do with the disc so I got another used copy from GameStop and it acts the exact same way as the disc I had originally.

What in the world is going on? Will my wii never play ssbb no matter the disc?
Re: wii won't play any ssbb disc
March 03, 2013 10:50AM
Super Smash Bros. Brawl and a few other games are on Dual Layer DVD discs. Some older Wii's have problems reading dual layer discs [see here: [www.nintendo.com] ] and it's just your Wii's disc drive. You can try cleaning it with a product that will clean the drive but there is no permanent solution other that replacing the drive with a newer one.
March 06, 2013 09:21PM
If it was a disc read error it would likely show a message on the screen. This sounds more like a missing/corrupt IOS.
March 06, 2013 10:32PM
If it is indeed an IOS problem, installing a clean copy of the latest version of IOS36 should fix the problem I think (I'm nearly certain SSBB uses IOS36 anyway). A regular online update should do the trick, or failing that you could try something like dop-Mii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login