Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

force a wii 4.3u to play dvds

Posted by mahdi 
force a wii 4.3u to play dvds
May 13, 2013 04:06AM
Is there an application where it will make your wii 4.3u play dvds. I want to watch movies on mplayer tt and play gamecube dvds on gamecube backup launcher.
Re: force a wii 4.3u to play dvds
May 13, 2013 05:17AM
If your Wii is a newer model then it won't ever play DVDs. You can try using WiiMC to play a DVD and it will tell you if your drive is not supported. If this is the bricked Wii that you made that other post about, it won't be able to play DVDs if you somehow unbricked it.

Don't mention "backups" as that is against this site's rules.
May 13, 2013 11:07PM
What's so bad about iOS and backups?
May 13, 2013 11:19PM
No made any reference to iOS, the OS that runs on iPhones and iPads. If you meant "IOS" (which is not the same thing), there is nothing wrong with IOS, the problems are with modifying IOS, which is an unnecessary procedure recommended by pirates for their warez.

Backups are bad because 99% of the time, people talking about "backups" are lying and actually talking about pirated crap they have no right to use.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2013 11:21PM by SifJar.
May 13, 2013 11:24PM
I suggest you read the forum rules, however I will explain it to you just to be nice.
First off, to clarify, iOS is not IOS (notice the capital; it may not have been intentional on your part but it won't hurt to explain).
iOS is the operating system for Apple's mobile devices such as iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads.
IOS is what the Wii runs on. It lets the games use the Wii's hardware and each game may run on different ones. The Wii can have multiple IOSes with different instructions, if you will.

Now, ISOs (which I assume you were talking about) are disc image files that can contain all the files on a disc which includes Wii or GameCube game data. An ISO is just a file type.

"Backups" are not permitted by these forums for the fact that if you can run a backup, you can illegally download and play a pirated copy as well. We won't support piracy in any way and that includes the information about loading backups.

EDIT: my post was so long SifJar beat me to it :P

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2013 11:37PM by bg4545.
May 15, 2013 03:48AM
I only use iOS for something like iOS 249, iOS 253, or stuff like that. I use backups to backup my wii NAND to protect it from bricks. I do not support piracy. That is unfair to business men that sell video games or stuff like that. Off topic: do 4.3u wiis have GameCube ports and slots?If not, do they have any lid to open?
May 15, 2013 07:14AM
Upgrading a wii to 4.3 does not magically remove the gamecube hardware, if it had any before the upgrade.
May 15, 2013 01:52PM
mahdi
I only use iOS for something like iOS 249, iOS 253, or stuff like that. I use backups to backup my wii NAND to protect it from bricks. I do not support piracy. That is unfair to business men that sell video games or stuff like that. Off topic: do 4.3u wiis have GameCube ports and slots?If not, do they have any lid to open?

Again, iOS is not the same as IOS. You do not use iOS on your Wii. There is no such thing as iOS 249 or iOS 253, the highest version of iOS is 6 I believe. (Again, iOS is the operating system that runs on iPhones and iPads).

You mean IOS 249 and IOS 253, which are "cIOS", and are not allowed to be discussed on this forum as their primary purpose is piracy.

When we say backups aren't allowed here, we are talking about "backups" of commercial games, not NAND backups. NAND backups are fine.

Oh, and BTW, you use far more IOS than IOS249 and IOS253. Any time anything is running on your Wii except BootMii or a GC game, an IOS is running, and if official software is running, it's certainly not running IOS249 or 253.
May 16, 2013 07:00AM
mahdi
I use backups to backup my wii NAND to protect it from bricks.
Clearly you were talking about game backups and not NAND backups since you said you want to "play gamecube dvds on gamecube backup launcher"

mahdi
Is there an application where it will make your wii 4.3u play dvds. I want to watch movies on mplayer tt and play gamecube dvds on gamecube backup launcher.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login