Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Homebrew + Nintendo Support

Posted by CleverNameHere 
Wii Homebrew + Nintendo Support
August 01, 2013 12:08AM
My Wii has been having problems with the disc drive and it now does not play Brawl. I have decided that I would like to try and get it fixed. Because the issue is with Brawl, I can get it fixed by Nintendo for free, even though I've had my console since launch. My only problem is that I have the Homebrew Channel. Has anyone had any recent experience with Nintendo support catching homebrew? I would imagine the only scenarios that could happen are:

A. They don't find traces of HBC and they fix my Wii.
B. They notice traces of HBC and refuse to fix it, then send it back without doing anything to it.

Is there any chance that they would mess with my Wii upon finding traces of the HBC? Also, what are the chances of them finding it? Is there any way to further decrease the chances of them finding it besides removing homebrew by uninstalling it via the HackMii Installer? Should I go through my Wii Message Board and delete the play history messages that reference the HBC that I have accumulated thanks to GeckoOS over the past several years? Also, I REALLY don't want to use the Format System Memory option unless it really helps. Thanks to anyone that can help me.
Re: Wii Homebrew + Nintendo Support
August 31, 2013 01:45PM
I'm fairly sure the worst they can legally do is refuse to fix it and send it back, or else offer to fix it at a cost (but they shouldn't be able to force you to pay, you should be able to request them to send it back as is).

As for the likeliness of them finding it; there are still traces left, even after uninstalling with HackMii Installer. If they want to find it, they will. But seeing as it is most likely just a case of replacing the disc drive, they may not even check software stuff at all. (Although I'm just speculating...)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login