Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update wii with homebrew and usbloader

Posted by chuz696 
Update wii with homebrew and usbloader
September 18, 2013 06:03AM
Hey people. I have a black wii (actually it's from my cousins) and it has the homebrew and the usbloader to load some copie games. I wanna update the wii to download some games of the store, but i'm affraid if i apply the update maybe delete the brew and the loader and my cousins never play copy games anymore. So my question is: Those things will remove after the update?
Re: Update wii with homebrew and usbloader
September 18, 2013 10:58AM
The Homebrew Channel will be fine after the update. We don't care about your USB loader, those are against the rules of this forum.
September 27, 2013 04:59AM
Is Letterbomb likewise against the rules on these forums?

I'm afraid that IOS62 is going to brick my Wii (I'm currently running on IOS58, whatever the system was before the November 2012 update was). I'm getting mixed signals regarding whether or not it's dangerous to update.

If Letterbomb is against the rules of these forums, I'll look elsewhere.

Thanks.
September 27, 2013 11:41AM
Of course letterbomb is not against the rules of this forum. If we didn't allow talking about the exploits used to install homebrew, what on earth would we be left to discuss on a homebrew forum? USB loaders aren't allowed because they're usually used for piracy, which is not the purpose of homebrew.

It is perfectly safe to update. FYI, your Wii probably already has IOS62. The Wii has many (a few dozen) versions of IOS installed, IOS58 is just the one that HBC happens to be using (because that version of IOS supports USB2.0, others only support USB1.1).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login