Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD Card Issue

Posted by rebeccar44 
SD Card Issue
October 19, 2013 05:45PM
So I bought my Wii from a local classifieds site the other day. Seller tells me it's been "chipped", whatever that means. It showed the Homebrew Channel when I first turned it on but that disappeared when I brought it to a friends house. Oh well. Downloaded it again with Letterbomb (unfortunatley got the dreaded "The installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install" and was never given the option of boot2. WHOLE other issue there). So that's the Homebrew history.

While browsing through the Wii's Saved Data (in Data Management) I actually found a BUTT LOAD of games there. They weren't on the Home screen! I excitedely chose a few games to "move" (tried "copy" as well) to the SD card. I could see that it worked when I checked the next tab, SD card, and saw them there.

However, when I go to the menu screen, I see nothing. When I click the SD card icon on the main page, I see nothing.

I apologize if this seems trivial but I honeslty did spend quite a bit of time researching without finding someone with the exact same problem. When I did find something related they had varied answers! Please help this lady play some damn games tonight!
Re: SD Card Issue
October 19, 2013 10:19PM
You copied save data of the games and not the games themselves. Whoever sold you the Wii probably had the games on a hard drive or something like that (the Wii only has 512MB of memory) so you don't have any games to play unless you bought your own.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login