Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Homebrew wont bring up netflix

Posted by adamstemper 
Wii Homebrew wont bring up netflix
December 24, 2013 11:49PM
I got my very first Wii yesterday. Ituses an external hard drive for its game collection.

The SD card was already loaded with homebrew_browser, usb-loader, boot-it, sdexplorer, and a ton of other stuff.

I used the homebrew channel, went to the homebrew browser.. but it was on 3.9, which had the server connection issue. So I downloaded the latest homebrew version and loaded it onto the SD card... put that back in the Wii, and now I'm on 3.9e

The Wii (main menu?) is on 4.2U

After getting into the homebrew browser, I found the bootNetflix utility, version 1.0 authored by mdm2k... downloaded that and did a Wii restart.

Now, any time that I click on bootNetflix, then 'Load'... it very briefly (300milliseconds) shows a loading progress bar. Afterwards, the screen goes black as if its loading into Netflix, but after about 3-4 seconds I am returned to the homebrew channel.

I know for certain I am connected to the internet on my Wii, so I'm not sure what else could be the problem. I do have a Netflix account but I can't even get into Netflix to put in my information.

Any help for a noob?

Thanks!!
Re: Wii Homebrew wont bring up netflix
December 25, 2013 01:59AM
Just update your Wii and/or Wii shop channel and get Netflix from the shop.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login