Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it true that some hombrew (and even the Homebrew Channel) stop the wii's internal fan?

Posted by pimpsahoy 
I've read somewhere awhile back that some hombrew apps shouldn't be used for long periods of time because they might disable the fan while they're running? Is this true?
my Wii's fan doesn't run during some of the video apps I use
I know for a fact that certain apps disable the fan because, (Im not 100% sure, but im certain) my console's GPU is slightly damaged from overheating since dead pixels are constantly on my screen. I'm not getting anymore, but ever since I started streaming AVI from the older version of MPlayer from my HDD, I noticed the dead pixels. When I stopped, the dead pixels were gone.

I know for a fact that certain apps disable the fan because, (Im not 100% sure, but im certain)
you are not 100% sure but you are certain ? I'm not sure to follow your logic here :-)
plus the "fact" you are presenting are no proof at all: lauchning any program make the CPU running, which can eventually result in too much overheating and eventually with those pixel artefacts
this happen with retail games also

anyway, the response is still no, there is (as far as I know) no magic function to disable the fan through software
and no homebrew applications is doing this at all (why would they ?),

this is most probably controlled by hardware and temperature sensors with switch the fan ON or OFF. If this is damaged in your wii, this will certainly cause overheating, like in EVERY computer system

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2009 07:49PM by ekeeke.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login