Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Discs capable of being read by Wii Menu AND Homebrew Applications

Posted by WB3000 
Discs capable of being read by Wii Menu AND Homebrew Applications
January 16, 2009 04:46AM
I was fiddling around with the ISO template offered at HackMii, and have been trying to get a emulator and the files it reads to be on the same disc. But due to the Wii disc format, it seems most emulators are not able to retrieve the file listing from the disc. Is there any way to have both a System Menu compatible disc, and a disc that can have at least a partition of data visible to the program?
Re: Discs capable of being read by Wii Menu AND Homebrew Applications
January 16, 2009 04:52AM
Oooh, interesting. Maybe many partitions (some wii-formatted ones, some homebrew formatted)?
January 17, 2009 02:12AM
you have to have DVDx installed
January 17, 2009 02:45AM
I already do (3.2U). The alternate format of the Wii discs is not compatible with most DVD reading programs, however, there's a Wii disk format library (libwod) which would add support. Either most programs will need to add support for WODs, or a special way of having both a Wii partition and a standard ISO 9660 on one disc will be needed.
January 17, 2009 03:43AM
Just to ask... What exactly would be the utility of something like that?
January 17, 2009 04:16AM
The usage of it? As I touched on in the first post, you could distribute homebrew that boots from the System Menu, and is able to in turn read files off the same disc. It would be ideal for a single contained disc for emulators, for example.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login