Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I always thought it was cool if google earth was on homebrew...

Posted by chrono36 
I always thought it was cool if google earth was on homebrew...
January 18, 2009 08:39AM
Think its possible?? It would be awesome if you could take the program google earth and turn it around to work on homebrew.. I really wish I knew how to use DevkitPPC. Or at least if the tut were more extensive...
Re: I always thought it was cool if google earth was on homebrew...
January 18, 2009 03:28PM
Is google earth open-source? Serious question as I haven't looked into it. I know there is homebrew on the psp for viewing all kinds of data like this. It currently contains Google maps, Google Satellite, Google Terrain, Yahoo Maps, Yahoo Satellite, Virtual Earth Satellite, and I think one other.
January 18, 2009 04:44PM
No, Google Earth is not open-source. And actually the use of any kind of map from Google, in a non-authorized program, is kinda of illegal (Google Earth /Maps TOS)...

There is Gaia-clean ,that's open source and load pictures from NASA (legal). But is kinda of non-updated... There also World Wind, from NASA itself, but it has .NET and Java versions...
January 18, 2009 05:03PM
So the maps off of Google is illegal huh... Wow the PSP community is hooked on piracy of games and illegal things in general.

So to answer your question the short answer doesn't exist. We could port what DanielHueho talks about and give it a nice interface that is familiar but other than that, no it is not possible.
January 19, 2009 05:27AM
You may want to look at WiiEarth-- though it's only 2D.
January 19, 2009 07:35AM
Thanx guys.... I guess your right.... I dont wanna get sued by google....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login