Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Someone needs to make it so the slot light is always on

Posted by mcmeaty 
Someone needs to make it so the slot light is always on
January 19, 2009 07:00AM
Think back to 2006, back before the Wii was out. Remember all those promo videos and demonstrations with all those ethically diverse people wearing white polo shirts with vasaline smiles posing for lifestyle pics? Good times. And the Wii was always seen with that sleek blue slot light while people were playing with it.

Then came the interactive tours Nintendo did throughout the world, letting the press and a few lucky people a chance to play the Wii before anyone else. Like with E3 '06, the slot lights on the Wiis were also on. But then, as time went by and the release date got closer and closer, less Wiis with the slot light on appeared.

It was then that a Nintendo rep said that the retail systems would only feature the light upon startup and in the event of a message. Meh, no one cared...... Except for ME! [/raaaaage]

Anyways, I was just wondering if such a thing would be possible via homebrew?
Re: Someone needs to make it so the slot light is always on
January 19, 2009 07:38AM
Correct me if im wrong guys but I think thats somethin you have to do internaly..

As in take your wii apart and tweak it there...

Try googling Someone needs to make it so the slot light is always on in the wii or something..

gl :)
January 19, 2009 08:22AM
Even easier, just send an email to your Wii and never read it. There, your light will always be on!
January 19, 2009 12:22PM
^^^^Ahh he beat me to it...

I just learned that myself

You'll need to have a record of those damnably unmemorable friend codes for anyone you want to mail, but once you do it's simple: just drop a message to w[friendcode]@wii.com. For instance, w1234567891011@wii.com.
January 20, 2009 12:48AM
That doesn't work, because once you go to to a game or a channel, the light turns off.
January 20, 2009 01:17AM
This would need to be done using Patchmii most likely. There is a front slot illuminator demo that uses is downloadable via HBB so it is possible to write code for the system to do it. The issue is finding someone to do it. We currently are more so looking for a broad range of homebrew apps before we extend to this type of thing. I personally also want my slot lit but have it on an option to turn it off.
February 12, 2009 07:07PM
Well, with the release of Preloader .28, do you think it could be done that way? I mean, we can already change the systemmenu and get rid of the healthwarning, is permanent slot light a possibility you think?
February 12, 2009 11:26PM
getting rid of the health warning screen is possible with preloader?
February 19, 2009 04:18PM
DrLucky

Sort of, you can replace it with a blank screen via hack.ini and it will auto enter the system menu as soon as whatever loading it does durning the health screen display is done (no need to press A to continue).
February 19, 2009 05:22PM
bg4m3r
DrLucky

Sort of, you can replace it with a blank screen via hack.ini and it will auto enter the system menu as soon as whatever loading it does durning the health screen display is done (no need to press A to continue).
I used Healthii to replace mine with my own that I made. However when installing it on the wii it dosent work for some systems mine included) and you have to rename the file and install it with another app, but i did that and it worked with no problems.
February 20, 2009 02:54PM
I like the purpose of healthii, but I dont want to press "A" haha...

hmm... I'm going to try that with preloader.
February 23, 2009 03:57AM
bg4m3r
DrLucky

Not a black screen, but the back menu. Instead of the healthwarning, the silhouette of the Wii chanels flash and the systemmenu loads automatically. You know, the screen whenever you load to the Wii Menu via the Home screen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2009 03:58AM by mcmeaty.
May 05, 2009 04:03AM
Any ideas?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login