Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Top & Bottom of screen cut off on TV once HBC is loaded

Posted by ttown 
Top & Bottom of screen cut off on TV once HBC is loaded
January 20, 2009 08:03AM
Homebrew Channel installed and working properly but the screen is cut off the bottom & top of the television picture once the Homebrew Channel loads to browse apps and from then on, even during homebrew game play, installers & all. Has anyone else had an issue with this and was it resolved. I am 3 days new to wii homebrew but have had experience with other systems quite a few years ago. And I am a very fast learner & do lots of research before attempting things so I do not believe I've done anything wrong. May be my TV set but doubtful. It is a Magnovox 27". The wii is also set correctly with 4:3 screen size and all other items on wii and even homebrew channel work until homebrew channel is started. I've uploaded a couple photo's to one of my sites and here are the links: Photo 1 Photo 2 Photo 3 Photo 4 Photo 5 Photo 6 Photo 7 Photo8

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2009 10:33PM by ttown.
Re: Top & Bottom of screen cut off on TV once HBC is loaded
January 20, 2009 10:48AM
can you take a picture of your Wii system menu (a full screen picture might be more useful than a zoomed one)

it seems to me that your TV as too much overscan, that's all
January 20, 2009 11:22AM
Pick some better sample pics, geez
January 20, 2009 08:00PM
Same for me and my friend. I think that's just how it is if you have a 4:3 TV.
January 20, 2009 10:24PM
Yeah, most commercial games and TV shows take into account overscan, it just seems to be something that a lot of Wii homebrew developers have overlooked. Maybe in future versions they can move the text a little closer to the center. I definitely notice it when I use CRTs, fortunately I use an LCD TV at home, which looks great.
January 20, 2009 10:35PM
I've added more photo's. Sorry I was using DVDDumper and did not want to show my IP address.
I've hooked the wii up to one of my Movie Projector and it does show all the screen. So it must have something to do with my television.
Thanks alot for your quick replies. And I hope you & your families day is a wonderful one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2009 11:04PM by ttown.
January 20, 2009 10:52PM
That's just overscan. Your TV is cropping more of the picture than it should.
January 20, 2009 11:08PM
Tantric
That's just overscan. Your TV is cropping more of the picture than it should.

Thanks for your help. Did not know if HBC was configured correctly and if something could be done. I've discovered it to be my television. Probably exactly the issue you described. I Guess I can deal with it for now.
All help was appreciated.

Also, just brewed my sisters wii with same files and it works fine, full screen throughout. Again thanks and sorry for posting with simple problem. Hope everyone has a wonderful night.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 04:04AM by ttown.
January 21, 2009 02:00AM
I have the same issue with all tv shows. My TV is old and the deflection coil is starting to go up and overscan. I don't put blame on anyone as I have the issue with TV shows and the real system menu.
January 21, 2009 09:09PM
Hehe, so I'm not the only on with this problem...

The only good solution is having HB-devvers taking this into acoount and having a 5-10% non-important space around their stuff.

Most commercial games take this into account.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login