Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Loading/Exiting Apps Goes to Black Screen?

Posted by Sonicdude41 
Loading/Exiting Apps Goes to Black Screen?
February 11, 2009 03:32AM
I recently installed the Homebrew Channel (which is AWESOME by the way) so that I could take a look at some homebrew games (like Mahjongg Wii, Supersonic Wii, etc.). Everything loads just fine. BUT, there is one little thing that will happen sometimes:

I will start the HBC, load an app like normal, and play it. However, when I exit the app, the HBC App Select Menu will not return and remain a black screen. I then have to get up and turn off my Wii (hold the POWER button for 5 seconds). Assuming that it DOES go back to the HBC, I will be able to select an app, load it, but it will do the same thing as described above.

Anyone know what's causing this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2009 03:37AM by Sonicdude41.
Re: Loading/Exiting Apps Goes to Black Screen?
February 11, 2009 11:19AM
Do you have this issue with all applications?

Some applications do not return to their loader (HBC). This may leave you being trapped in a black screen when you exit the application.

However, if the problem happens on a rather irregular base, there might be more serious errors in the application or even with your HBC installation.
Re: Loading/Exiting Apps Goes to Black Screen?
February 11, 2009 04:21PM
Problems are most likely with the SD card you're using. Try a different one and see if you have the same problem.

This happened to me with my super old 2gb SanDisk SD card forever. I bought a new 2gb SanDisk SD card the other day and I have yet to see it happen to me again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login