Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Star Wars Dark Forces?

Posted by z400100500 
Star Wars Dark Forces?
February 11, 2009 10:58PM
Would it be possible for me to collaborate with somebody and at least try to make a port of Dark Forces? For those that don't know, Dark Forces was released in 1995 for MS-DOS, Mac, and PS1. It's pretty much Star Wars Doom. And as I have been playing the ports of Quake and Doom on the Wii, I think it would be very possible to do. I'm going to say thanks in advance, as I will remain in high hopes that someone takes this up.
Re: Star Wars Dark Forces?
February 11, 2009 11:28PM
I dont think its possible since Dark Forces is closed source. However, there's a ps1 emulator on the way, so I'm sure you could run dark forces with it when the emulator is released. BTW, I loved this game when I was young (however I found the later levels to be hard to navigate).
February 12, 2009 03:30AM
I was doing some PS1 emu testing... I'll see If I can find the game, and I'll let you know how the emulator works!
February 12, 2009 08:48PM
uh....ok. Thanks anyway! I have Dark Forces on my ps1 emulator, but my computer is slow so its crappy.
On a side note, I first played it last year at my friend's house. We were stereotypical 11-year olds, but he dragged out that and we played that the entire time. By stereotypical I mean embracing every new game chucked at us and dropping all our old N64 (yes, I still boot it up once in a while.) and GC games, that our older brothers(his and mine) had played. Damn......I wish we hadn't sold Mischief makers.o well. sorry for the semi rant, im mad because there's a midget in my class that i wanna punch right square in the mouth.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 08:55PM by z400100500.
February 12, 2009 09:18PM
Ask the midget if you can midget bowl with him some time? Ask him if he rides the short bus to school? Ask him if he needs to sit on a telephone book to see the teacher?

...Sorry for the midget rant...

But yeah, DrLucky has compiled versions of WiiSX in his topic WiiSX rev _latestrevision_ Testing!!!. Look for it in homebrew applications.
February 12, 2009 11:25PM
credit where credit is due: I didn't compile them.. (I don't know how haha)

hmmm... midgets usually don't cause issues...
February 12, 2009 11:57PM
i would ask several midget based questions, but the truth is, he's only slighty short...I'm just ridiculously tall for my age. I'm 5'6 or 5'7 right now, and im such a nerd, and he's a "popular" kid, so he's protected from instults. Im the nerdiest kid in the grade, yet my highest grade was a 91 (Math....i do rubiks cubes in that class), my lowest was a 70 (ELA...ughhhhh), and half of my shirts have spongebob popping out of them. So i have a bet with this kid(with an enormous pot of $3.lol) and his friend that i won't wear a spongebob shirt this week. Almost there, right? Anyway, i just had to ask the dark forces question because i lurvvv it, and i would have asked for a Tribes port, but that's thoroughly impossible, as it's soley multiplayer, and the setup is gay, even for an open sourced game. So here's a summary; I would love to get a port of just about any of my DOS and '98 games. And I have no self-esteem, as far as that gos, so this forum is my confidence-booster. People should be proud of me when they look at it this way: Got my Wii(system menu 3.4...crap...no dvdx) Christmas 08, installed the Twilight Hack 7 days later(had to spend 100 bucks on the stuff, because wal-mart and game stop sucks, and i bought NiGHTS...yum), and the final piece of the pie; I have 4 Wii games, and about 400-450 homebrew apps/games. So i feel good right now.

SORRY FOR THE RANT, THAT LIFTED ABOUT 45 POUNDS OFF MY BACK.

i know im offtopic, but i had to do that

EDIT: NiGHTS is the best 20 bucks i ever spent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2009 03:04AM by z400100500.
February 13, 2009 12:47AM
z400100500
i would ask several midget based questions, but the truth is, he's only slighty short...I'm just ridiculously tall for my age. I'm 5'6 or 5'7 right now, and im such a nerd, and he's a "popular" kid, so he's protected from instults. Im the nerdiest kid in the grade, yet my highest grade was a 91 (Math....i do rubiks cubes in that class), my lowest was a 70 (ELA...ughhhhh), and half of my shirts have spongebob popping out of them. So i have a bet with this kid(with an enormous pot of $3.lol) and his friend that i won't wear a spongebob shirt this week. Almost there, right? Anyway, i just had to ask the dark forces question because i lurvvv it, and i would have asked for a Tribes port, but that's thoroughly impossible, as it's soley multiplayer, and the setup is gay, even for an open sourced game. So here's a summary; I would love to get a port of just about any of my DOS and '98 games. And I have no self-esteem, as far as that gos, so this forum is my confidence-booster. People should be proud of me when they look at it this way: Got my Wii(system menu 3.4...crap...no dvdx) Christmas 08, installed the Twilight Hack 7 days later(had to spend 100 bucks on the stuff, because wal-mart and game stop sucks, and i bought NiGHTS...yum), and the final piece of the pie; I have 4 Wii games, and about 400-450 homebrew apps/games. So i feel good right now.

SORRY FOR THE RANT, THAT LIFTED ABOUT 45 POUNDS OFF MY BACK.

i know im offtopic, but i had to do that
February 13, 2009 01:48AM
hey i had to, but, really, i kinda wanna stay on topic.
February 13, 2009 01:49AM
z400100500
Got my Wii(system menu 3.4...crap...no dvdx) Christmas 08, installed the Twilight Hack 7 days later(had to spend 100 bucks on the stuff, because wal-mart and game stop sucks, and i bought NiGHTS...yum), and the final piece of the pie; I have 4 Wii games, and about 400-450 homebrew apps/games. So i feel good right now.

400? wow...

anyway, you can downgrade (legally)... ask comex
February 13, 2009 02:44AM
by apps/games, i meant roms. i have about 40 snes roms, and i have a crap load of games for vba-m. most of which i have bought. the only ones i can think of that i dont own are zero mission and fusion. I know talkin roms is against policy, but i felt i needed to explain that bit. if it was unnecessary, tell me.
February 13, 2009 03:25PM
they mean don't talk about how or where to get roms... at least you are reading the rules!
February 13, 2009 05:01PM
z400100500
the only ones i can think of that i dont own are zero mission and fusion.
Thats piracy. We dont support that here.

This is getting way offtopic, so please get back on topic or I'm locking this up.
February 13, 2009 09:44PM
uh okay arikado, back to the topic, i think dark forces would be great to have on the wii for the insane number of nostalgic moments i would have, like "OMG, this is where i found that no clipping glitch", and so on. would anybody happen to have any updates on that ps1 emulator?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login