Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Briick "/

Posted by JGee 
Briick "/
February 18, 2009 07:17PM

I installed the wrong system menu 3.2 U system menu v289 with Wad manager which semi bricked it, then i thought if i uninstalled and installed the right system menu 3.2E and now it won't boot. I wanted to update to 3.2E from 3.1E so i could install starfall...to prevent it from bricking with it's rescue menu feature kinda ironic i never got as far as to installing it...

heres the original thread i followed i installed the trucha bug ios' with wad manager
[wiinewz.com]

in answer to the questions in the Welcome thread

When i turn on the wii i can use the remote to bring it out of standby mode.. when the wii is on i get no audio or video on the tv the screen stays as if their was no device using that channel the console is making its humming sound and will eject the disc but i cant here any spinning....

well the installed system menu was 3.2U but after uninstalling the wad and installing v290 im not sure now.

I have the homebrew channel installed <3 and no chip installed at all.. i was too scared to install one incase of breaking it.

thanks in advance for any help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2009 07:21PM by JGee.
Re: Briick "/
February 19, 2009 04:08PM
folow the savemii chart I believe it was either a bad copy of system menu or BT module was broke
February 19, 2009 05:55PM
I end up at C insert savemii dongle.... but i cant even get any system menu on at all... the bluetooth module i think is ok because i can turn the wii on with the remote.
February 19, 2009 08:49PM
wait so you installed a system menu with wad manager then when you discovered it semi bricked you uninstalled it with wad manager, if thats what hapened then i dont know what to suggest, sorry, i dont think savemiis gonna help you here you might need to wait for bootmii

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 08:50PM by jassim.
February 19, 2009 09:37PM
yeah :S but then i installed the right system menu after unistalled the american one.. i didn't leave it without a menu.
How can i install bootmii onto a bricked wii ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 09:39PM by JGee.
February 19, 2009 10:59PM
Bootmii is run before the system menu is even loaded. So, theoretically, it could restore the system menu for you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2009 01:03AM by Arikado.
February 19, 2009 11:52PM
yeah looking at marcan's video i put some files on an SD... insert it and boot straight into homebrew channel... it won't be that easy though obviously because i bet you have to install a hack onto the wii for it to understand whats on the SD.. which is impossible on a unbootable wii ... so i guess i'll just put this wii in the bin then.
February 19, 2009 11:56PM
waaaaaaaaaait!

dont throw it away yet, wait till one of the experts reply, im a noob and a half at this stuff, im just saying what others have said to people which have had your problem
February 20, 2009 10:45AM
moral of the story: never uninstall system menu or ios wads. no but seriously, unless you know someone somewhere who is good with electronics, you're not gonna get your wii back. even then you're gonna have to wait for bootmii and the nand programmer. if you want to go back to an old menu DON'T uninstall the wad, but DO find a wad of that region of menu and install it
February 20, 2009 07:07PM
would it be possible if i installed a modchip.. to recover it ?
February 20, 2009 07:23PM
February 20, 2009 07:47PM
Well... * returns wii to trash

thanks for your time guys... i know i wont make this mistake next time :P
February 20, 2009 07:57PM
here is the only way to fix it,

First you'll need a Infectus Chip, install that,
Then when Marcan Releases his BootMii Nand Flash Version, Which shouldn't be to long from now, You'll flash it with the Infectus Chip stright to your Nand, No need to Original nand Dump or Original Keys, After the Bootmii is installed, your Wii will boot into Bootmii Now Just Restore your Wii from there,

Heres a Pic of the Infectus Chip Install

[img7.imageshack.us]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2009 07:59PM by thomas83lin.
February 21, 2009 09:52PM
/me wonders why exactly WAD Manager happily uninstalls your system menu for you
February 21, 2009 10:23PM
only happens if you find the system menu wad and save it to the folder WAD. when you click uninstll wad manager just thinks "ooh lets see, is this a wad file? yes it is, lets just find wherever it ios on this console and uniinstall it"
February 22, 2009 02:59PM
lol you put ios instead of is. yeah, baut waninkoko should put at least moderate brick protection. i mean there are a lot of n00bs out there. even a warning would be sufficient
February 22, 2009 04:28PM
whats a NAND programmer ?
is that a person or piece of hardware ?
February 23, 2009 12:27AM
thomas83lin

Then when Marcan Releases his BootMii Nand Flash Version, Which shouldn't be to long from now, You'll flash it with the Infectus Chip stright to your Nand, No need to Original nand Dump or Original Keys, After the Bootmii is installed, your Wii will boot into Bootmii Now Just Restore your Wii from there,

[img7.imageshack.us]

this is the only NAND programmer currently (i think), youll have to install that and wait for bootmii to be released.

and @ metroid maniac there are warnings in the wad manager about it bricking your wii so really people should know what theyre installing/uninstalling before they do it
February 23, 2009 06:56PM
I mean just before ios30, ios50, or system menu wads
March 02, 2009 02:29AM
jassim
thomas83lin

[img7.imageshack.us]

this is the only NAND programmer currently (i think), youll have to install that and wait for bootmii to be released.

could somebody please help me find the right chip.. a little more information ?
also is the nand programmer's job (infectus) will let me access the nand of the wii even though its bricked ?
hm hope somebody writes a tutorial about the process of unbricking when marcan releases bootmii :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login