Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Game oveR?

Posted by hamzie 
Game oveR?
February 26, 2009 02:31PM
I hate those people who read those warning signs (about your wii being bricked if you dont use the apps. properly) and still proceed because they go ..ye ye.. i know what im doing

well i have just become one of those people :(

when i found out my jap wii can be converted to a pal one.. i got so excited...!

i followed this guide which told me to use these apps

Illegal IOS
/apps/downgrader/boot.dol
/apps/region_changer/boot.dol
/apps/anyregion_changer/boot.dol
/apps/channelremover/bool.elf
/ IOS37-64-v2070.wad

blah blah so i did everything that was asked and i got what i wanted and followed this

Go to Wii Setting, select update Wii in page 3, wait for it to complete. After restart the Wii, go to page 3,
select Language is English and Country is Australia. Click OK for the User Agreement. Everything will
be in English, even News and Forecast channel now were return.

i then downgraded my wii to 3.2E because.. well.. i thought it'd make things easier

i then realized that my discs werent being read .. i thought it'd be because of my wiikey being set to 1.9s JAP

i inserted the wiikey 1.9s PAL.. but again not being read

config disc.. read... but i think after i click start.. the wii turns off.. i mean the green light is there.. but the tv just says COMPONENT CHANNEL..

so then i go ahh maybe i should convert it back to jap... and then update it

i convert it back to jap.. still not working

only gamecube game types (like the wiikey config disc) were being read..

then... probably my biggest mistake

i go Ahhhhh LETS FORMAT THE WII.. ill start over

... format

instead of starting all over i have been formatted to 3.2E

homebrew channel is gone... i cant install it because disc isnt being read.. i tried auto boot on the hbc iso and that didnt work

again only those gamecube type discs are being read.. but same problem with the config disc

so.. after all that.. is it game over?

any chance to fix my massive screw up??

Thank you for atleast reading this long story of mine :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2009 09:13PM by Arikado.
Re: Game oveR?
February 26, 2009 06:06PM
what kind of games can you load pal or jap?

if its pal, then get a pal copy of tiwilight princess and initiate the twilight hack and install the homebrew channel

edit: obviously if your wii only seems to be loading japanese games then you use a jap copy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2009 08:05PM by jassim.
February 26, 2009 09:15PM
This is why you should not install IOSs on your Wii, trust the downgrader, and/or install a modchip. Have fun with your bricked Wii :)
February 26, 2009 09:35PM
but he already has a modchip, if loading any sort of game is impossible then unfortunately your stuck with virtual console and wiiware until at least bootmii comes out
February 26, 2009 09:37PM
bootmii will not work unless he uses the nand programmer
February 26, 2009 10:14PM
the lesson is: never EVER install/uninstall or mess around with ANY IOS unless you know exactly what your doing and you know EXACTLY what this IOS does
February 27, 2009 01:27AM
you know those discs which boot up as gamecube ones.. only those seem to load up

tried original jap smg and original pal wii fit

they dont load up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2009 01:45AM by hamzie.
February 27, 2009 02:01AM
the only thing i can think of is installed Infectus and waiting for bootmii
February 27, 2009 03:00AM
alright ill wait for bootmii

thx guys

edit

will a preloader get me any where?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2009 02:05PM by hamzie.
February 27, 2009 05:46PM
preloader would, but u can't run any wii mode stuff, just GC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2009 05:47PM by metroid_maniac.
February 27, 2009 09:42PM
It seems that your chip's region clashes with the system menu region... say your chip's region configured to ntsc-j but your system menu accepts pal discs... or vice versa...

I guess you can change the region of your chip using it's support discs (rescue, config)

If that doesn't work, you can swap the drive with a chipped drive that matches your system menu region..

Don't ask me how to change the region of wiikey, I never experimented that...

There are multiple solutions... you can use one of these
1. Change the region of the chip
2. swap the drive, install homebrew channel, use anyregion changer so that your system menu's game region match your chip's region... now your system menu will read discs in your chip's region without problems.
3. Do 2 and use your chip's support discs to change it's region

ps: Mods, if this violates the rules of the forum, please delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2009 09:43PM by WiiCrazy.
February 28, 2009 12:30AM
yes i shouldve changed the region of chip b4 i began

i tried loading up config disc.. but as soon as i press start...the background of the page comes up and then the screen goes black... the wii is still on though.. but the tv channel says COMPONENT CHANNEL as if the wii isnt connected to the tv.. i tried on av cables as well... is this a 3.3 or 3.4 update which blocks config discS?

ill research into changing wii drive

thx for that wii crazy

or there is a hbc .dol file for installation

any software which can boot .dol files so i can install hbc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2009 12:00PM by hamzie.
February 28, 2009 12:05PM
Possibly you need to use rescue disc to initialize the chip... that one is not region coded and since it's a gamecube disc you should be able to use that... As I said previously I never messed with a wiikey chip so this is all in theory...

Btw, there is no update disabling the gc mode discs used to update&config chips as far as I know...

First, find the appropriate rescue disc, try to initialize your chip... then use a config disc matching your system menu's region...

If you can't find anyone to borrow their drive, you can buy a flatmii , fix your situation and sell it... or if there is a modder around your place you can ask for their help too...

I successfully did this swap stuff to unbrick my wii because my chip was failing in autoboot... If you do everything in order and use the correct region stuff then there is no reason it won't work for you...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2009 12:06PM by WiiCrazy.
February 28, 2009 02:58PM
recovery disc didnt work

if one of you copy HBC to an sd card.. and say u put sd card in pc... and transfer that hbc channell.. i download it.. put it in my sd blah blah

will thta work
?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2009 03:31PM by hamzie.
February 28, 2009 05:26PM
If you have the keys of your wii, there is a slight chance that it could be possible but I've never seen someone doing that...
Either there is no existing tool to do that or there are some missing keys of our wiis or the file format is not reversed well...
March 01, 2009 08:26AM
this is fucked today.. i plug the wii in.. i see the red led.. i press the power button.. still red led

not turning on

im just going to buy another one

i make 300 dollars this week.. so all goes to the new wii

thanks for all your help guys
March 01, 2009 10:10AM
that sounds like a hardware problem, not software
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login