Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My wii's spaz attack

Posted by jassim 
My wii's spaz attack
March 03, 2009 04:10PM
ok now over the past few weeks my wiis gone weirder by the second. its doing some dodgy things which i would like to know how to fix (if possible). please note these dont happen each and every single time but they happen occasionally. please also note ive lost my warrenty

1) temporary semi banner bricked wii- every now and then whenever i click start on a channel i get a black screen with the message (the system files are now corrupted, etc.etc.) only happens sometimes an usually when i try starting that channel up again.

2) spin, stop,spin, stop- exactly how my disk drive acts upon starting a channel (apart from the homebrew channel and the disc channel) heres a more detailed explanation of this.
1) turn on wii- disc drive starts spinning
2) choose channel, click start, disc drive stops spinning.
3) black screen, disc drive starts spinning again
4) disc drive stops spinning, channel finally shows up.

3) player juggling- say for example i have 2 wiimotes connected, i load the homebrew channel, player 1 stays as player 1, player 2 stays as player 2, i load an application (e.g homebrew browser) i try scrolling through the applications then i see that its not working, i look at my wiimote (which started off as player 1) to see its changed into player 2 so i grab the other wiimote (which started off as player 2 but is now player 1) scroll through the applications, finish off then press home to go back to the homebrew channel, and then my wiimotes have switched players...again...

4) loading game takes me to the wii menu- some games like super smash bros brawl make a lot of noise when they spin, now once i turned on my wii and the disc drive wouldnt spin even though i had super smash bros brawl inside and when i look at the disc channel it shows that super smash bros brawls loaded, i click on the disc channel then click start then i get taken back to the wii menu and the disc drive still wont spin, the only way i fix this is by taking the game out then putting it back in.

5) freezing on disc channel- its simple, sometimes whenever i click on the disc channel the picture freezes (sound doesnt) and i have to force shutdown (hold power button for 5/6 seconds)

now you may be thinking, oh it doesnt matter too much these are just little problems, im just worried that these "little problems" will turn into a brick which at the moment i think its likely, id be blessed if i got a full opera brick cos i can fix that easily but if i get a black screen brick before bootmiis released i would be gutted. so i would be really appreciative if someone could help me on this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2009 04:32PM by jassim.
Re: My wii's spaz attack
March 16, 2009 12:35AM
anyone?
March 19, 2009 02:13AM
That's some weird things happening. Is your system modded?
March 19, 2009 09:18PM
yeah, hardmodded
March 19, 2009 10:41PM
3) and 4) happen to me too...
March 27, 2009 09:56PM
DrLucky, do you have preloader installed?
March 27, 2009 11:04PM
Arikado
DrLucky, do you have preloader installed?

yep! it is great...saved me several times... but I think it causes a few issues...
March 27, 2009 11:32PM
The 3) and 4) issues as well as a few others are caused by preloader and possibly some modchips as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2009 11:33PM by Arikado.
March 30, 2009 11:22PM
Arikado
The 3) and 4) issues as well as a few others are caused by preloader and possibly some modchips as well.

Number 3 happens to me even though I have not installed Preloader (not sure what it is either) and I don't have a modchip.
March 30, 2009 11:57PM
3 and 4 both used to happen to me before installing preloader and they still happen to me (i have preloader installed), cant remember when 1 started.

2 happened immediately after i downgraded from 3.3v2 to 3.2.

number 5 (forgot to mention this) has only ever hapened when im using super smash bros brawl
March 31, 2009 09:39PM
nights
Arikado

Number 3 happens to me even though I have not installed Preloader (not sure what it is either) and I don't have a modchip.
Screwing around with cIOSs and/or starfall is also liable to make this happen.
April 01, 2009 12:10AM
oh by the way, it reached that day where my nintendo wii got screwed up. i was in the middle of playing brawl and my nintendo wii decided to spaz out, i got jumped to the wii menu, tried loading brawl again then heard some weird noises from the dvd drive then BOING and my dvd drie wouldnt spin discs after that.

i know that was partially a hardware problem but im pretty sure the jumping to the wii menu was a software problem
May 05, 2009 02:31PM
Nintendo have said a lot of the early release drives have problems with dual layer discs, as brawl is the only dual layer game out atm (I think) it makes sense it would only screw up with brawl.
If you didn't have a mod-chip you could have sent it back for a free replacement, but unfortunately you'll probably have to pay quite a bit.

The alternative is if you have homebrew channel, you can get USBloader and boot all your games off usb, no need for the disc drive to work
May 05, 2009 07:29PM
i fixed it and that thing was announced 2 days before it got fixed, lol, great luck eh?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login