Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Theme Brick

Posted by AdamTG 
Theme Brick
May 18, 2009 08:51AM
Hi. I need help. I bricked my Wii after installing a theme from Edited Out. I have no idea what went wrong. Unfortunately I did not install recovery applications such as the preloader. After installing the theme, it rebooted the Wii and showed a Chinese health and saftey screen, with the Press A to continue part blocked by a watermark. Nothing happens when I press A, and it freezes here at the Chinese health and safety screen. Here is a video that depicts my problem:
[www.youtube.com]
I've been up for several hours searching and searching for the answer to this problem. I've found out about Savemiifrii. I learned that I had to take apart the gamecube controller in order for this to work. So I did. It turns out I fucked it up too much, so the Dpad did not work at all. At this point I was beyond frustrated. So regardless, I looked further into Savemiifrii. I found out that I needed an autoboot disc. I then begun a long search for a tutorial on how to create such a disc. No avail. Then I ran out of options, and decided I could maybe find the answer here. All I need is a guide. I have no modchip nor do I plan on getting one. I was running on 3.2U firmware. I installed the correct region of the theme by the way, either that or they title of the file decieved me, as it did say NTSC next to it. I am in a terrible state of emotion right now. It's not because of the Wii brick, it's because of my over confidence that this happened. I am frustrated with myself. All I want now is someone to help me fix my Wii. Also, I've decided to buy a Dance Dance Revolution pad so I can easily pull off the Up + Down + Left + Right function savemiifrii requires. I hear it works, due to a lot of people confirming it. Thanks in advance. Oh, and according to the Branch, I have fallen down the path of Brach C.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2009 12:36PM by Arikado.
Re: Softmii Theme Brick
May 18, 2009 12:35PM
*sigh*
This is why we install Bootmii instead of preloader.
This is why themes are pointless and way to risky to be worth bothering with.
(And BTW, I've edited your topic a bit ;) )

PS: Savemii(frii) only works if you insert a disc with firmware higher than you Wii's System Menu.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2009 05:47PM by Arikado.
Re: Theme Brick
May 19, 2009 02:47AM
Thanks. So I assume I will have to purchase a game requiring an update? Or can I just get a backup of the disc?
Re: Softmii Theme Brick
May 19, 2009 05:48PM
Backups = fail. You need an original.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login