Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

from Quick to Brick!!!

Posted by yoras 
from Quick to Brick!!!
July 26, 2009 09:22PM
Hmm, I don't get it. I was playing Star Wars force unleashed with my son the other night. Everything worked great as usual. After the boys went to bed, me and their mom played some SNES titles via homebrew then went to bed. The next day, my wii drive was glowing blue as if there was another unread message or an update. I had to go to work and figured that I would mess with it when I got home. Later, I decided to turn on my wii yet nothing happened. The yellow light on the power switch went to green like normal but nothing being displayed and no audio either. The wii remotes don't sync. I can power on with the remote just not off. I can power on and off with the power button. I tried unplugging both ends of psu for 2 hours. I even opened up my wii and removed my wiikey (ver.1) still the same problem. The only other thing is that I've owned my wii since day 1 launch but i'm hoping I can save it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2009 09:20PM by yoras.
Re: from Quick to Brick!!!
July 26, 2009 09:56PM
Have you tried booting without an SD card inserted?
July 26, 2009 09:59PM
It sounds like your bluetooth module is defective.
Does your wii power up with SaveMii(Frii)?
July 26, 2009 10:07PM
I found a GC controller. I'm gonna try SaveMii(Frii). Also I had no luck booting without an SD card inserted.
July 26, 2009 10:38PM
I'm using a madcatz gc controller to try the savemii(frii) method. I tried in both port 4 and port 1 several times each and have not had any luck. I'm just showing a black screen still. Any more suggestions?
July 27, 2009 03:56AM
I doubt that it's the BlueTooth Module, as you were able to turn your Wii on with the Wii Remote. Was the disc slot glowing blue when you came home and turned your Wii on?
July 27, 2009 05:44AM
yes the disc slot was glowing blue when i came home. when i turned it on it stopped glowing blue and now this problem.
July 27, 2009 08:01AM
Do you have bootmii installed?
July 27, 2009 09:17AM
no, i haven't installed bootmii.
July 28, 2009 01:07AM
I'm still not sure what to do next. any suggestions?
July 31, 2009 05:28AM
This whole thing seems to have happened for no apparent reason. I didn't run an update, I didn't run new software. It just stopped working. It's been a few days since anyone has made any more suggestions leading me to think that I'm just out of luck as far as saving my wii. I'm hoping someone can at least lead me in the direction I need to take next. I wouldn't consider myself a noob but I would say I'm an amateur when it comes to electronics. But one thing I learned is how to follow direction. I'm just at a stand still with this. My wii is in pieces and it's breaking my heart. (and my wallet if I have to buy another). Please help...
August 02, 2009 09:23PM
Help!!! I miss my wii!
August 04, 2009 06:09AM
Try disassembling your GameCube controller to see if there is a tab under the Directional-Pad. If there is, you need to remove it to get SaveMiiFrii to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login