Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bricked Wii: Nand backup & no nand.bin

Posted by Dammeren 
Bricked Wii: Nand backup & no nand.bin
August 08, 2009 03:13PM
Hi there,

I have really fucked up my wii up by deleting IOS249.

The first thing I did was to backup my wii (or I thought I did) by using bootmi. After the backup was finished I also waited for the verification to finish and both of them were completed successfully without any errors. Now after searching in different fora I have found out that a file called nand.bin should have been created during the backup on the SD card, but I can't see it. However if I look at the properties on the SD card in Windows I can see that "something" on 600 mb has been created on the card. I have tried to show all hidden files, but I'm still not able to see any backup files.

If I try to run a restore now in BootMii, I get an error that can't open nand.bin.

I'm I lost here or can I do something, somehow to use the data I have backupped (but can't see) on the SD Card??

Best Regards,

Dammeren
Re: Bricked Wii: Nand backup & no nand.bin
August 08, 2009 06:12PM
Discussion of Waninkoko's cIOS is not allowed here, neither is piracy or anything illegal. Tona's legal cIOS rev5 clone is allowed here however.
August 08, 2009 06:23PM
Which Operating system do you run on your PC?

The important thing is now to get your nand.bin file from your SD-Card, without "repairing" it away.
August 08, 2009 07:07PM
Explain how your Wii is "fucked up". AFAIK, deleting IOS249 shouldn't harm anything.
August 08, 2009 08:52PM
Arikado
Explain how your Wii is "fucked up". AFAIK, deleting IOS249 shouldn't harm anything.

Probably can't run his "Warez mega fails".
August 08, 2009 09:36PM
All,

Thx for your quick replies.

Daniel, I use Vista. And I have changed the properties on every folders to show hidden files etc. Therefore I'm pretty sure that no nand.bin exist on my SD card and the backup has not been stored properly in a file on the card. My question is: Can I create a nand.bin file on the SD card and afterwards then try to make a restore in bootmii?. Or is it possible via an appliction that I don't know off that can help fixing the backup on the SD card and create a proper nand.bin file?.
August 09, 2009 12:59AM
Dammeren
And I have changed the properties on every folders to show hidden files etc.

Why do you say "on every folder"? It is a global setting, you only have to do it once.

Please do the following:
-Hit run on the Start menu (or press WindowsKey + R)
-type cmd and press enter
-a new window opens
-type the drive-letter of your SD-card, followed by a : and press enter (for example s:)
-type dir and press enter
-tell us, what you see

Dammeren
Can I create a nand.bin file on the SD card and afterwards then try to make a restore in bootmii?
no, that would possibly destroy the only hope I know off
August 11, 2009 06:36AM
I have the exact same problem. I am trying to backup the wii system and I have over 500mb of data on the sd card that does not have a file name associated with it. The data is there, but the file is not "finished" or something like that. In other words, the data on the card went from under 2mb to over 565mb.

I checked the "dir" of the folder and the nand.bin file is not shown, nor is it shown after unhiding the system and hidden files in xp.

Is there any way of solving this? I have tried to backup the wii two times on two different cards and I got the same result. I am very new at this, as you might tell. I consider this to be a very important function and I don't want to do anything else until this is done.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Edit: changed vocabulary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 06:39AM by nixer.
August 11, 2009 09:40AM
Have the exact same problem.

It backups and verifies.

There is no nand.bin on the SD card.

Even though it shows that the SD cards memory is in use.

I tried the suggestion elsewhere formatting in FAT with 64K cluster size.

Still doesn't work. Will post if I find a solution.
August 11, 2009 07:06PM
Hey BrewHa, I got it working. I was trying to backup nand with two different Aptiva SD chips and they were not working. Today, I read in another post where another had a similiar problem and he got his working like this:

Use a 2gb Sandisk SD card.

This is what I used and the nand.bin file showed up just fine.
August 11, 2009 09:49PM
nixer
Hey BrewHa, I got it working. I was trying to backup nand with two different Aptiva SD chips and they were not working. Today, I read in another post where another had a similiar problem and he got his working like this:

Use a 2gb Sandisk SD card.

This is what I used and the nand.bin file showed up just fine.

Glad you got it working.

I am using a Kingston 1GB SD Card.

At this point I'm probably not going to bother.

I am irritated with other things at the moment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login