Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BRICKED Wii with bootmii 2 installed

Posted by jamieupanddown 
BRICKED Wii with bootmii 2 installed
August 31, 2009 08:16PM
Ive bricked my wii by installing a bad app when trying to downgrade from 4.1 to 3.2 ( i was on 3.2 up to 4.1 then brick downgrading.)

i have bootmii 2 installed and have managed to reload homebrew via Cboot2,

i cant access the wii other than homebrew and any apps that use gamecube controller.

games work fine via app in homebrew and wiimotes work once game has loaded.

When bootmii sd card is not present i do not get any video or audio signal whatsoever.

also my homebrew channel screen is red instead of blue, and apps are red instead of black and white.

ive tried gamecube controller taken appart in gc port4 pressing d pad in all directions at same time.
i have a nand backup that takes me back to the brick so i can but try.

ive also managed to load some rescue discs but am unable to press a on wiimote when prompted as only gamecube controllers work at this point.

Ive tried reinstalling systemmenus but am getting nowhere.
ive been trying for about a month and have had some great advice from different sites.
any help would be great.

IF i have posted this in the wrong section then i am sorry for doing so. thanks
Re: BRICKED Wii with bootmii 2 installed
August 31, 2009 09:17PM
Run AnyRegionChanger, and tell us what it displays. Do you have a NAND backup from before the brick? Downgrading and CBoot2 is not supported here.
August 31, 2009 09:44PM
i will try above, sorry for mentioning other stuff. i backed up my nand when i installed bootmii but it said that it had a bad block so i deleted it and then bricked.
August 31, 2009 10:08PM
ok here is the message.

Identifying as SU ... OK!
Initializing Filesystem driver ... OK!
Init Syscon.... unexpected Error : SYSCONF_Init Value: -106

any key to quit

thanks in advance
August 31, 2009 11:16PM
ummm.... bad blocks dont do anything. You shouldnt have deleted it.
bootmii.org
Why do I have all of these "bad blocks"? Can I fix them?

This is completely normal; in order to bring down the price of NAND flash chips, all manufacturers will allow chips to leave the factory with a small number of bad blocks. It's similar to bad pixels in LCD panels -- it would be too expensive to throw away the whole panel (or in this case, the whole chip) due to a few bad pixels. With NAND flash, software usually remaps these blocks so you don't even notice, but BootMii works at the lowest level possible so we have to take these into consideration when writing our code. There are 4096 blocks; according to the flash chip manufacturer, at least 4016 blocks are valid (in other words, up to 80 blocks may be bad). Reference: datasheet, page 19
August 31, 2009 11:40PM
Uh, your SYSCONF was deleted... I don't know of any Wiibrew libogc apps that can write to NAND FS...
September 01, 2009 12:06AM
thanks anyway. your a star!!!
September 01, 2009 12:07AM
i know, at least ive got homebrew to load apps. thanks anyway, your a star!
September 01, 2009 01:04AM
didnt comex (or someone) release a NAND FS formatter that runs under MINI?
September 01, 2009 09:54AM
You can recover converting a nand backup from a working wii to your wii with betwiin. I done this thing, see my post: [forum.wiibrew.org]
September 01, 2009 07:31PM
thanks for the info, looks a bit too complicated for me.
but thanks anyway for replying.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login