Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

no sound/video half way through soft mod, any ideas?

Posted by savagepoop 
no sound/video half way through soft mod, any ideas?
September 13, 2009 05:45AM
ok so heres my explination. i started a soft mod a wii today (its my first go easy on me) i already have one with a mod chip and i mod 360's psp etc so its not like im a total noob.
i was following these instructions:
1-Extract the included rar file to the root of your card
2-Do an official update with your wii (wii options, wii settings, system update)
3-when update complete , Insert SD Card into wii
4-Go into wii options, data managment, channels, It SHOULD ask you to load boot.elf,
5-Load the boot.elf it asks and install HOMEBREW CHANNEL and BOOTMII (Install bootmii as boot2 when asked)
6-When done, launch Bootmii (click the 4th icon (looks like gears)) and back up your NAND (530MB on card required!)
7-go into HOMEBREW CHANNEL , run CMDVDX34 , Select DOWNGRADE IOS35

- If at this point you get message about being pirate then delete all your pirated stuff & run shared2clean from within HOMEBREW CHANNEL and restart at this step (7)

- If it says failed to add title, go back into HOMEBREW CHANNEL and run WMIOS35, then install
IOS35-64-V1040.wad , then reboot with the HOME button, start back at this step (7)

8-Return to the HOMEBREW CHANNEL and run WMIOS35. select Install CIOS_FIX.wad (with the + button)

- If you get a -2011 or -1035 error, just move onto step 9

9-When installed reboot with the HOME button
10-Return to the HOMEBREW CHANNEL and run IOS DOWNGRADER V1.1
11-Reboot the wii when this is installed
12-Return to the HOMEBREW CHANNEL run WADMANAGER ,
13-Install CIOS60BF.wad with the + button
14-Reboot the Wii when this is installed
15-Return to the HOMEBREW CHANNEL and run PRELOADER,
16-Press 1 to install , you should now see the PRELOADER MENU
17-Set up Preloader as follows :-
SETTINGS>
Autoboot : System Menu
Stop Disc : On
Ignore Standby mode : On

18-Then click SAVE SETTINGS and Press B
19-Then go into SYSTEMMENU HACKS and enable at least these hacks :-

SKIP DISC UPDATE CHECK
REMOVE DIAG DISC CHECK
REMOVE NOCOPY PROTECTION
(The region free hacks are up to you!)

20-Then click SAVE SETTINGSS and press B
21-Now Click SYSTEM MENU
22-Return to the HOMEBREW CHANNEL and run CMIOS INSTALLER
23-Press any button to reboot when finished
24-Return to the HOMEBREW CHANNEL and run CISOCORP V3.3 installer.
25-Press any button to reboot when finished
26-Return to the HOMEBREW CHANNEL and run DVD FIX installer (if you want DVDX installed(DVD PLAYER))
27-Press any button to reboot wii when finished

and all was going well untill i got to number 21 here's what happened. i got to number 19, but everytime i tried to enter the system hacks menu it said "cannot find hacks.ini on fat 32 or nand"
so i shut down my wii take out the mem card and put the hacks.ini on the mem card from my laptop.
turn wii back on boot into hbc and launch pre loader, i see no option to take me to the pre loader menu so i just press 1 to install again figuring it would do no halm.
it installed but then reset the wii so i couldnt get into the menu i needed so i tried again, didnt work again.
so i thought if i unistall the CIOS60BF.wad and then reinstall it i could get back into the pre loader menu (as CIOS60BF.wad was the last thing installed before pre loader)
once i unistalled CIOS60BF.wad the wii rebooted and i was banner bricked telling me the system info was corrupted.
i managed to get into pre loader by holding reset on boot up (found this out later incase ur wondering y i didnt do it in the first place lol)
from pre loader i booted to homebrew channel and launched WAD manager and RE installed CIOS60BF.wad it said "finished installing CIOS60BF.wad press home to reset your console) or something similar, i pressed home and it said "resetting console" it then hung there, so i left it for 5 or 10mins but it was just froze, couldnt power off on front button so decided to unplug the power (i couldnt see it doing damage as the file had already finished installing and the console was resetting)
now when i boot the wii there is no sound or picture i can heard it reading disks but the wii mote wont sync i have to hold the power button for 10seconds to turn it off and the power on while holding reset wont work anymore.
is there a way to fix this? i cant see why it died like it did.
any help is great thanks and im sorry for the long post just wanted to give as much info as possible

just to add i backed up the nand if and saved it to my laptop if this can help in anyway
is there anything i can do?
Re: no sound/video half way through soft mod, any ideas?
September 13, 2009 06:12AM
savagepoop
7-go into HOMEBREW CHANNEL , run CMDVDX34 , Select DOWNGRADE IOS35

- If at this point you get message about being pirate then delete all your pirated stuff & run shared2clean from within HOMEBREW CHANNEL and restart at this step (7)

- If it says failed to add title, go back into HOMEBREW CHANNEL and run WMIOS35, then install
IOS35-64-V1040.wad , then reboot with the HOME button, start back at this step (7)

8-Return to the HOMEBREW CHANNEL and run WMIOS35. select Install CIOS_FIX.wad (with the + button)

- If you get a -2011 or -1035 error, just move onto step 9

9-When installed reboot with the HOME button
10-Return to the HOMEBREW CHANNEL and run IOS DOWNGRADER V1.1
11-Reboot the wii when this is installed
12-Return to the HOMEBREW CHANNEL run WADMANAGER ,
13-Install CIOS60BF.wad with the + button
14-Reboot the Wii when this is installed

22-Return to the HOMEBREW CHANNEL and run CMIOS INSTALLER
23-Press any button to reboot when finished
24-Return to the HOMEBREW CHANNEL and run CISOCORP V3.3 installer.
25-Press any button to reboot when finished
26-Return to the HOMEBREW CHANNEL and run DVD FIX installer (if you want DVDX installed(DVD PLAYER))
27-Press any button to reboot wii when finished

wads are not supported here and cioscorp is bad and unsupported too (i think)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2009 06:12AM by darklink.
September 13, 2009 06:21AM
im not really asking for support on the wads and i didnt get far enough through the list to install the CISOCORP V3.3 installer anyway.
im just asking if there is a way to recover my wii, i included to tut i used to give info on exactly what happened before it died.
im just asking for help on how to get it up and running again if possible
September 13, 2009 06:29AM
do you have bootmii boot2 and a nand backup?
September 13, 2009 06:35AM
i backed up the nand and when i installed bootmii it didnt ask if i wanted to install as boot 2 or not so im assuming and HOPING it installed as boot 2.

when the wii died the mem card was inserted into the wii atleast im 99% sure it was as i was using 2 memcards through out the process. when i tried to reboot after it first died boot mii didnt pop up. but im hoping its because i had the wrong mem card inserted
September 13, 2009 06:44AM
Ya, i guess you should try your other memory card....
September 13, 2009 06:46AM
at the time of it happening i didnt know you could boot to boot mii with the files on the mem card so i didnt bother trying both. i dont have the wii here now to try not untill 2morrow morning if i didnt i would have checked the second card by now... im just asking for ideas and help for things for me to try tomorrow
September 13, 2009 06:49AM
another question, in the bootmii .ini file it says autoboot=sysmenu# should i change that too autoboot=off# ??? so that it doesnt try to boot to the system menu? could that help in anyway at all?
September 13, 2009 06:53AM
Hmm, that might be a problem...I don't know if you'd switch it to "off", though. It might be something else....I don't know. You may as well try, I guess.
September 13, 2009 10:25PM
change the last part where it says auto boot to:
Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBCAUTOBOOT=HBCBOOTDELAY=10
that way you have 10 seconds before bootmii autoboots to HBC
and try both of your sd cards and check if the sd card has the bootmii folder on the root with these three files inside: armboot.bin, bootmii.ini, ppcboot.elf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2009 10:26PM by darklink.
September 14, 2009 03:45AM
darklink
change the last part where it says auto boot to:
Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBCAUTOBOOT=HBCBOOTDELAY=10
that way you have 10 seconds before bootmii autoboots to HBC
and try both of your sd cards and check if the sd card has the bootmii folder on the root with these three files inside: armboot.bin, bootmii.ini, ppcboot.elf
ok i will give that a go, does that mean it will boot into HBC instead of the system menu or bootmii?
also you said change this code (taken from the bootmii.ini
Autoboot, possible settings:# SYSMENU, HBC#AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU  # Autoboot delay, in seconds:# Default is 5 #BOOTDELAY=5
to this how the edited code you said to change till
Autoboot, possible settings:# SYSMENU, HBCAUTOBOOT=HBCBOOTDELAY=10

is that how it should look in the bootmii.ini or is it supposed to be different?
sorry just want to make sure so i can get it ready for tomorrow morning when i can try it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 03:45AM by savagepoop.
September 14, 2009 05:12AM
i used a app on the hbc to modify the bootmii.ini and thats how it should be
September 14, 2009 05:36AM
nice one thanks will give that ago in the morning
September 14, 2009 09:58AM
ok so now ive tried whats been suggested in this thread and none of it has worked yet:( what are my other options? i have a nand back up. is there anyway at all to reflash it without an infectus chip or soldering? i have no chip or soldering iron lol

my wii will power on and the drive with flash blue once but the tv tells me no signal what type of brick is this?
September 14, 2009 09:29PM
savagepoop
ok so now ive tried whats been suggested in this thread and none of it has worked yet:( what are my other options? i have a nand back up. is there anyway at all to reflash it without an infectus chip or soldering? i have no chip or soldering iron lol

my wii will power on and the drive with flash blue once but the tv tells me no signal what type of brick is this?
Did you try your other SD card yet?
September 14, 2009 11:39PM
check this page to see what kind of brick it is: savemii troubleshooting
September 15, 2009 02:04AM
tryed all 3 sd cards, i even installed bootmii on my modchipped wii and that boots from my sd cards

would reflashing my nand (i backed it up) with an infectus 2 chip bring it back to life?
September 15, 2009 05:08AM
maybe its installed as ios, can u acces the hbc??
September 18, 2009 04:38PM
Yes, you need to install infectus to flash back your nand...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login