Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Semi-Brick when posting memos on the Message Board

Posted by niuolamf 
Semi-Brick when posting memos on the Message Board
September 24, 2009 06:10PM
Hi,

I've been using Homebrew on my Wii for the longest of times with no problems, but lately I ran into something strange. I couldn't figure out how it happened nor could I find any info on the problem elsewhere.

I can't receive messages in the Wii Message Board anymore. Anything sent to me via games or friends won't work. I still can send stuff, anything I want, but I can't receive anything anymore.

Now, to the interesting part: when I try to post a memo on the Wii Message Board, the screen turns black and I get the infamous "The system files are corrupted" message. It is the only thing broken in my whole system, everything else runs perfectly. I have only installed the Homebrew Channel to play games from other regions, with GeckoOS, with the occasionnal SCUMMVM game now and then, but I have never modified any system files using Homebrew at any point.

Any clue ?
Re: Semi-Brick when posting memos on the Message Board
September 24, 2009 09:47PM
Has anyone ever seen anything like this ?

Is there a way to clear/reinstall the components related to the Message Board ?

Will doing so have any impacts on my Wii ?

I bought games on WiiWare and the Virtual Console and I don't want to lose them. At the very worst I'll just keep going without using the Message Board, I guess, but it still is annoying. I gifted some games to some friends and now they can't gift me anything back because I can't get their messages.

EDIT: Typos.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2009 09:48PM by niuolamf.
September 24, 2009 10:45PM
This is very odd and probably not related to homebrew. You could try reinstalling the system menu, that might fix it.
September 24, 2009 10:59PM
How would I get around to do that and what would be the consequences, if any ?

As I said, I enter here with barely any knowledge of the whole System Menu business, as I have never really done anything else homebrew-related on my Wii other than installing the Homebrew Channel and running some passive apps (GeckoOS, SCUMMVM) from it.
September 24, 2009 11:07PM
To install a system menu you can do an official update, use AnyRegion Changer to install system menu 3.2 (this is will brick a wii with serial number LU 64 or higher), or download a system menu and its IOS with NUS Downloader and install it with WadImport.

What system menu version do you have? This will affect what you must do to install a new system menu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2009 11:08PM by jbc007.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login