Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Most of the time bricked Wii

Posted by .jayderyu 
Most of the time bricked Wii
September 15, 2009 06:50PM
Sorry, I did some searching and didn't find the exact symptoms, but maybe I just overlooked it. I'm having a most of the time bricked Wii problem. I start the Wii. I get BootMii, I let the timer run out to get into the Wii Menu and then black screen. No health menu, but oddly I can connect my Wii remotes. After so many tries sometimes the Wiimenu comes up, but most of the time it doesn't. The last item I installed/updated was the Nintendo channel. I use the most update North American system menu(4.01?)

I can run HBC, I can do BootMii stuff. I can run Homebrew apps(my kids are watching a movie streaming data with MPlayer CE, Wifi/BT work). I've looked up the SaveMii, but I don't seem to fall in the exact position of any of them since the Menu can come up(No D), but I can't get to the Health screen for A(no A) and the symptoms don't seem to fit the other two.

I have a NAND backup up, but I backed it up last night during a period when it was working. So that seems iffy to use.
Sysmenu: unkown boot1 boot2
FS: 63.3%

Any suggests on how to proceed or understanding what's going on.
Re: Most of the time bricked Wii
September 15, 2009 06:52PM
Your System menu is either corrupt or non-existant. Grab a wad of it off NUS downloader and install it. It's title ID is 0000000100000002 install it with WAD installer. That should fix the brick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2009 06:54PM by metroid_maniac.
September 15, 2009 11:54PM
btw thanks for the reply :)

ok, I've got the System Menu-NUS-v449.wad. When running the WAD installer with the WAD will this affect my WiiWare games? Or just fix the system menu? any preference for which Wad installer I should use?
September 15, 2009 11:57PM
isnt the lates sysmenu from europe that wouldnt work on his wii

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2009 12:02AM by darklink.
September 16, 2009 12:21AM
Your probably right. That's why I used the menu list and selected the one with a 4.1(u) instead of 4.1(e).

Ok I finally did the wad install for the system menu. Same thing. Sometimes boots to the wii menu, but most of the time it doesn't. Could it be something else like graphical setting. It just seems odd that it runs homebrew apps, bootmii, works perfectly fine sometimes, but not most of the time. Could there be a hardware problem? which I hope there isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2009 12:28AM by .jayderyu.
September 16, 2009 05:49PM
Well I would love to update with some good news, but unfortunately I can't. The bricked 80% of the time still persists after the a reinstall of the system menu. I also deleted the Nintendo Chanel which was the last thing installed. As mentioned where the Health Screen appears is just a black screen and I can still connect the Wiiremotes.
September 18, 2009 06:34PM
Todays update. It's now bricked less of the time :\
I've started using the Homebrew app Menu loader and loading from a different ios than 36. It doesn't work all the time, but it seems I can get to the Wiimenu more often. If anyone has any ideas to fix the problem long term it would be appreciated. Also this morning a hang occurred on the Health Screen allowing for no further input.
September 21, 2009 05:48AM
Hey I had a thought. I didn't mention it before cause I didn't think they were related. My Wii Disc Drive died about a week maybe less when this problem showed up. Just an idea, but is it possible that during the startup(before health screen) the Drive is being checked for a game, but ends up completely failing? resulting with a hang?

I don't know if that's guaranteed or not, but BootMii works 100% of the time. I assume that's before the drive check isn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2009 05:49AM by .jayderyu.
September 21, 2009 11:52AM
But actually do you have a working drive on the console or the dead drive?
Swap the drive with another wii if you can, or try to disconnect the drive from the console.
September 22, 2009 06:01AM
Currently it's the faulty drive. I will take your advice and try to use a different Wii drive when I can. I don't have any extras, but my friend has a Wii that he might not mind trying. I will also try just taking out the drive too. I'll update when I get the oppertunity to check it out.
September 24, 2009 05:29PM
Hello jayderyu, I don´t have the solution to your problem, but you could help me, I need to wad several IOS. could you tell wich wad version has you used and how was the results, I mean... it´s easy? any comments will help me.
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login