Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii turns on, no display.

Posted by scsitransfer 
Wii turns on, no display.
October 02, 2009 01:11AM
Sorry if I'm not allowd to link to places on this forum, but this is the easiest way to give you a complete picture of where my Wii is. I had 4.1 u installed on my wii with HBC, and I followed this guide [www.wiiso.com] to turn it into a 3.2 That went just fine, then I wanted to update it to 4.0 with hacked disk channel, so I followed this guide [www.wiiso.com] I did these steps

Step 1: Install cIOS36 rev 7/8/9/10 (the package includes rev 10) through WiFi. If you have cIOS36 rev 7/8/9/10 installed then skip this step.

Step 2: Run Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater (give it a good half hour - 45 minutes to complete)

Step 3: Run the IOS60 Updater (shown on other tutorials here on Wiiso)

Select NO to install IOS61 (press B)
Select YES to install IOS60 (press A)
Select YES to patch IOS60 (press A)
Select NO to install the Shop Channel (press B)

Step 4a: Install Preloader 0.29 (this IS compatible with System Menu 4.0). Press A+2+1 when it says "Repairing...DO NOT TURN OFF" and you'll get to the Preloader menu (will happen only if your Wii's date is on April 1st).

I ran the Pre-loader installer and it said "install complete waiting 5s..... " I sat there waiting, for about ten min and it did nothing, so i pushed every combo of button on the wiimote....no response, I then hard powerd off by holding the power button but that's the last I saw anything out of my wii. When i turn it on it spins the disc drive up and the screen flikers so it trys to initilize video. I am still able to power the wii on using the wii remote, ect.....I'm just not sure where to go from here to get the wii running again.
Re: Wii turns on, no display.
October 02, 2009 04:16AM
Hold reset while the wii turns on. Does a menu pop up?
October 02, 2009 08:10AM
Tried it, no dice :-/ My tv just has the placeholder signal on the screen "component 1" then i turn it on that disappears for a tiny bit of time and then it comes back..."component 1" holding reset.
October 02, 2009 12:25PM
I had the same problem, and thats the sate my wii is currently in, any help.
October 07, 2009 06:25AM
Try the solution I gave here:
[forum.wiibrew.org]
October 07, 2009 06:34AM
Yeah I had the same problem following that guide. I don't know what to do about my wii now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 06:35AM by xecz.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login