Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

All SD Cards locked

Posted by Timuukun 
All SD Cards locked
October 04, 2009 05:13PM
Ok...this isn't exactly a brick, but it's pretty annoying, that's for sure.

A couple of days ago, my Wii decided to start reading all SD cards I put in as locked. The little switch on the side is not locked on any of them, and the issue is consistent whether copying save files, using the Homebrew Browser, downloading Ocarina cheats...etc.

I have tried reformatting my favorite card on a PC, no success. I'm pretty sure that this issue is with the Wii itself, not the SD card.

If it's any help...the Homebrew Browser tells me that it "Could not create folder /apps/homebrew_browser/temp. Size 108 didn't match expected size," and the Hackmii installer gives me error (-2) when trying to prepare an SD card for BootMii.

Suggestions, anybody?
Re: All SD Cards locked
October 04, 2009 07:33PM
How odd..... Maybe one of the connection pins in the wii is not connecting with the SD properly.

Either that or all of your SD cards have a broken lock switch. :)
October 04, 2009 07:56PM
Perhaps your wiis SD slot is slightly broken and slides the lock switch every time you insert an SD card? I doubt this is likely...But anyway, I'd say its unlikely to be software related. Probably a faulty SD slot.
October 05, 2009 12:09AM
TopGun96
How odd..... Maybe one of the connection pins in the wii is not connecting with the SD properly.

Either that or all of your SD cards have a broken lock switch. :)

Heh...no, only one of them does ;-)

SifJar
Perhaps your wiis SD slot is slightly broken and slides the lock switch every time you insert an SD card? I doubt this is likely...But anyway, I'd say its unlikely to be software related. Probably a faulty SD slot.

My PC has been know to do that in the past...but the Wii has never done it. I guess I'm never gonna volunteer my own Wii for a highschool SSBB tournament again...

So, what about these here SD card-readers? Could I replace it myself, or is my best bet to take all the Homebrew off it and pay Ninty $75/80 for a repair?

*Edit* Heh...I figured it out. It was an ID-10T error. I just blew into the SD card slot and a wad of dust flew out; problem solved. Sorry to bother...and thanks for your suggestions anyway!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2009 12:18AM by Timuukun.
October 07, 2009 09:30AM
I'm sorry, but I had to lol at that....
Thats just great.....
At least you didn't end up wiping your wii, and paying for the repair for him to just tell you it was a wad of dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login