Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Full Brick from a Friend

Posted by TheWiiRocks 
Full Brick from a Friend
October 09, 2009 06:52AM
Ok i've been doing a bit of research but i am completely brand new to the Wii. So what i got from a friend was a Wii, when i turn it on there is no video. He said something about updating it to the europe version i believe, then trying to change it back and then now theres no video. So basically i wanted to know if this is an easy fix, or if someone would be willing to fix it for me for a small fee.

Thanks in advance to the replies. Take care all
Re: Full Brick from a Friend
October 09, 2009 06:52AM
Also there is no version on the screen when i turn it on. Thanks again
October 09, 2009 06:57AM
Can you turn on the wii with the wiimote?
Does anything appear on the screen other than a black, dark abyss?
Did your friend install bootmii onto boot2? If so, is the SD card that he used in the wii's SD slot?

Sorry for all of the questions, its just that if you want help, we have to know all the facts. :)

BTW, this issue was probably caused because he used anyregion changer. Just a guess....
October 10, 2009 06:54AM
Hey, no problem on the questions im just happy your willing to help.

- Just dark abyss nothing else when i turn it on.
- Cannot turn it on with the wiimote
- Cant ask friend what he did to it as it was a friend from a friend type of thing.

Thanks again
October 10, 2009 07:21AM
If you can't turn it on with the wiimote, that means your bluetooth module is screwed....You need to get a new one and solder it to your wii. Just google "wii bluetooth module".

Edit: I also need to know if the wii had bootmii installed as boot2, and if so, if the SD card it was installed with is in the wii. You really need to have the information.....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 07:23AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
October 10, 2009 10:24AM
im thinking about just sending it in to nintendo. will that work? i cant get that info sorry, but i appreciate your help
October 10, 2009 08:02PM
Is the wii itself available to you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 08:02PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
October 11, 2009 02:21AM
Yes im looking at the wii now.

Its right here so i can answer any questions physically, but as far as how its been modded no.
October 11, 2009 02:25AM
Is there an SD card in the wii? If so, put it in your computer and tell me what the contents are.
October 11, 2009 05:47AM
No sd card :(
October 11, 2009 06:04AM
Then sorry, i can't help you. I guess you should send it to nintendo. If you want to fix it, i need to know what your SD card has on it....Sorry.
October 11, 2009 08:30PM
Thanks a bunch for trying to help, its just an ugly situation. The only info i have is that he accidentally changed it to the europe version, then tried to change it back or he updated it and it went black on him.
October 13, 2009 02:20AM
Yeah, I guess you'd have to send it to nintendo. They might fine you...I don't really know of another way to help you.

Does anyone else have any ideas? I know there are people here that are a lot more experienced than me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login