Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii menu deleted..

Posted by devonodev 
Wii menu deleted..
September 21, 2009 10:19AM
Helloo!
My friend managed to brick his wii by uninstalling the menu with a wad manager.
He had 3.1 installed, and he uninstalled 4.1 with a wad manager. He didn't think it would do anything, as he didnt have 4.1 installed.
When the wii is turned on, all there is is a black screen. It can be turned on with a wiimote, and the disc drive still operates.
Is there any free way to get it working? And would a Savemii help?
Re: Wii menu deleted..
September 21, 2009 11:25AM
Have you bootmii installed?
September 21, 2009 11:30AM
Nope. I had preloader, but that is gone with the menu.
September 21, 2009 12:29PM
Ok...

so you can try to use savemii and boot an autoboot disk. It will require a modchip installed.
If this don't work the last chance is to flash bootmii inside the nand flash and then convert a working a backup for your wii.

To do this you need a nand programmer, like infectus. It's quite hard to install and needs soldering skills.
September 21, 2009 05:11PM
Savemii will not work. the only thing that will save the Wii is Infectus, Betwiin and Bootmii. Savemii is a system menu function, and as you have deleted it it will not work.
October 07, 2009 06:22AM
Turn your Wii completley off (Red indicator light).
Remove the SD Card from the slot, and turn it back on again.
Wait for the Wii SysMenu to start, then insert the card.
Start HBC.
I've been running my Wii like this for about 8 months now, it just takes a little bit longer to startup.
October 18, 2009 11:36AM
Hello everyone!!
I've done something similar, and now I have this black screen, and wii has 4.2E on it.

The point is, with the SD inserted I can use bootmii, and I can start HBC, and from there I can go to the system menu properly....now the problem is...from there I cannot even boot original discs, so I have two issues to be solved:

1- restore the system so it can start with the system menu
2- make backup load again

Point 1- is the one concerning me the more...please HELP ME!!!!
Franz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login