Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quick question...

Posted by cyprien 
Quick question...
October 28, 2009 02:00PM
I'm not sure exactly what caused it but my Wii is bricked. I'm getting a green light when I turn it on but only a black screen that then switches to no signal.

I installed Bootmii as boot2 but for some reason there isn't a bootmii folder on my SD card anymore. Is it possible to just get the contents of that folder from somewhere else or is it specific to each console?

Edit: When I try to turn it on, the disc drive spins as well.

Also, if there is some other option to fix this let me know. There is a ton of stuff to sift through.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2009 03:12PM by cyprien.
Re: Quick question...
October 28, 2009 09:52PM
No one has the bootmii files from their SD card? That's a bummer.
October 28, 2009 10:02PM
Oh... just a sec

EDIT: Ok, here are the files. Password's in a PM.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2009 10:06PM by metroid_maniac.
October 29, 2009 12:41AM
Thanks, gonna give it a go now!
October 29, 2009 01:23AM
So now I can boot into bootmii but my remote won't sync before the countdown is over. Any way to turn this off? Is something really wrong if my remote won't sync in time?
October 29, 2009 01:27AM
Your wiimote isn't supposed to sync. Use the Power/Reset/ buttons to scroll right/select, respectively.
October 29, 2009 05:18AM
Ha. Never used this before. Thanks!

So I can get into the HBC and do everything from there just fine, I am without a System Menu however.

Suggestions?
October 29, 2009 05:29AM
Maybe you could try using Dop-IOS MOD and installing IOS50 with it...
October 29, 2009 09:20AM
If you're happy like that, you might want to open SD:/bootmii/bootmii.ini and replace SYSMENU with HBC in the AUTOBOOT= line that'll mean it'll load HBC without having to use power/reset. To switch it back, just put SYSMENU in place of HBC.
October 29, 2009 12:01PM
What did you do before your Wii was bricked? I'd advise using dop-IOS MOD as advised above, and installing IOS50 and IOS60, and then reinstalling your System Menu (you can do this with dop-IOS MOD too). If it still isnt working, tell us more about your system before you bricked (e.g. System Menu version, any IOS modifications you had made, anything you installed on your Wii etc.)
October 29, 2009 01:37PM
Last night I gave AnyRegionChanger a shot and installed 3.2U from HBC and it worked as far as I can tell. I'm using the 4.1 updater by Waninkoko to see if anything break this time around.

Thanks again for all the help guys.
October 29, 2009 01:43PM
Okay, so it's something with upgrading to 4.2U as that got rid of my System Menu again. I'll try dop-IOS MOD to install 50 and 60 and see how that goes...
October 29, 2009 04:12PM
Dont use any of Waninkoko's tools, they are generally badly tested and bricky.
October 29, 2009 05:07PM
SifJar
Dont use any of Waninkoko's tools, they are generally badly tested and bricky.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind from now on!

After getting no System Menu from updating to 4.2U I tried the dop-IOS MOD to install 50 and 60 and that seems to have fixed the issue. I didn't have time to try anything else but hopefully it all works!

Big thanks for all the help, again.
October 29, 2009 05:10PM
What System Menu are you on now?
October 29, 2009 07:52PM
I meant 4.1U in the last post. I'm on 4.1U now.
October 29, 2009 08:13PM
Well, waninkoko's 4.1 updater doesnt install the right version of IOS60, which is the System Menu IOS of 4.1. If you have IOS60 already installed, it'll leave it, otherwise it'll get the newest version off NUS, which is now a stub, which causes a full brick. If you install IOS60 first, it wont brick, but really its a poorly coded app. It should have been programmed to download a set version. Anyway, rant over, now you have a working IOS60, you should be fine. However, you will have every IOS in your wii patched, which is another bad side effect of Waninkoko's updater. You do not need any IOS other than IOS36 patched. And HackMii Installer will reject patched IOS, so I'd advise re-installing a few IOS with dop-IOS MOD. I'd advise reinstalling IOS30, IOS34, IOS35 and IOS61, all without patches.
October 29, 2009 09:04PM
Alright, I'll go through that tonight when I get home from work. Thanks.
October 30, 2009 03:37PM
I went through and made all the changes you suggested. dop-IOS MOD showed that the installed ones of them were some weird versions.

For some reason, now, my Forecast and News channels are in Japanese so I gotta run AnyTitle Deleter and get rid of those then add the English versions.

Also, is there a way to get the Shop Channel working so I can use it on 4.1?
October 30, 2009 03:50PM
cyprien
Also, is there a way to get the Shop Channel working so I can use it on 4.1?

Install IOS 70 as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login