Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Black Screen with 3.2U Low Level

Posted by paulyshore 
Black Screen with 3.2U Low Level
November 14, 2009 03:51AM
Hi,
this is actually my first post here. I was creating a wad for my custom mplayer and I installed it through wad manager and it installed and then my wii restarted. The next that happened is that my wii screen did the usual preload with the 12 wii boxes in grey(don't what it's actually called).
I went to savemii's trouble shooting and found out the closest it resembled was option d: low level nand.
Here's what I have installed on my wii,
I am on 3.2U, I have starfall.
I have bootmii, but I believe I do not have boot2 on.
I have the twilight hack softmod ( no hardmod)

Here is what I have tried, I have tried rescue menu through starfall (hold Y on gamecube controller down during startup) and have placed in gh:world tour hoping that it would update the system firmware but no luck. It didnt even ask me to update the firmware.
I downloaded the universal disc unbricker and system backup menu 1.31 and none have worked or loaded because I dont have a mod chip to load them with.
Any help would be great help. I am about to give up and go and buy a new wii, I use the wii mostly for a recreational tool for my kids(the data dvd player, saves tons of money).

Also I have checked all the forums for any helpful information.
Re: Black Screen with 3.2U Low Level
November 14, 2009 03:56AM
Basically, you need to find a way to get into the homebrew channel and uninstall the WAD you installed that bricked you.
November 14, 2009 03:59AM
Yep, I tried "almost" everything to get into homebrew channel but still nothing. I also did the twilight hack and walked backwards to see if I can access the wad manager or even homebrew channel through that but it just finishes installation and restarts wii to black screen
November 14, 2009 04:02AM
Have the twilight hack launch wad manager, not a homebrew channel installer. Have wad manager uninstall the bad wad you installed.
November 14, 2009 04:05AM
I have read about this before in gbatemp forum but did not understand it. How would I do this? Also by doing this, does it involve the sd card?
November 14, 2009 04:16AM
First things first: Stay as far away from gbatemp (known fondly around here as gbafail ( [gbafail.net] )) as you possibly can. Gbafail is infamously known for distributing files which intentionally brick Wii's even though they claim not to and for supplying megatons of (sometimes also intentional) incorrect information.

Anyways, this is very easy to do. And yes, it involves the SD Card (you are using the twilight hack after all). Simply remove the boot.dol or boot.elf file on the root of your SD Card. Then place the boot.dol file inside the wad manager folder (which is inside your apps folder) onto the root of your SD Card. Then run the twilight hack. You will boot into wad manager. Then have wad manager uninstall the wad which bricked you. Congratulations, you will be all fixed.

In the future, I strongly recommend not making your own wads. 99% of the time, it is illegal to do. And 99.9%, doing so will brick you (as it did here).
November 14, 2009 04:37AM
thank you arikado. I owe you big time, I would like to send you money to your paypal account if that is possible. I dont have much in there but I want to give you something for helping me out.
November 14, 2009 04:43AM
Thank you for your very generous offer but I must decline. I used to accept donations a long time ago but I no longer do so because I've decided with myself that the reward of helping and the reward of personal success are reward enough. If you would truly like to give something back, give back to the community instead of me. Pop in the forum once in a blue moon and assist someone in need of help. Again, thank you very much for generous gesture.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login