Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bricked wii plz help

Posted by joess 
bricked wii plz help
November 25, 2009 06:28AM
well i downgraded using this:
it worked perfect but then it said when i went to the disc channel that i needed to update it so i did but when it fished it turned pure black and cant do anything =/ my wii is bricked :[[ is there any way to unbrick(i cant get to the wii menu i could only go directly to hbc using bootmii =/)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2009 02:37PM by Arikado.
Re: bricked wii plz help
November 25, 2009 05:37PM
Did you use Waninkoko? use NUS downloader to get system menu 4.2, then get all IOS above 51. Install them with wad manager.
November 25, 2009 07:15PM
You downgraded to 3.2 from 4.0/4.1/4.2 and thus had a stubbed IOS50, which meant that when you updated to 3.4 (the update on the disc) you have a stubbed System Menu IOS. In other words, the bit of the Wii which lets the System Menu function is unfunctional. The easiest way to fix the issue is through HBC, run dop-IOS MOD and install IOS50. This will install a working IOS50 and System Menu will work again. You will need trucha bug for this.
November 26, 2009 07:21PM
SifJar
You downgraded to 3.2 from 4.0/4.1/4.2 and thus had a stubbed IOS50, which meant that when you updated to 3.4 (the update on the disc) you have a stubbed System Menu IOS. In other words, the bit of the Wii which lets the System Menu function is unfunctional. The easiest way to fix the issue is through HBC, run dop-IOS MOD and install IOS50. This will install a working IOS50 and System Menu will work again. You will need trucha bug for this.
how do i do this??
November 26, 2009 07:22PM
metroid_maniac
Did you use Waninkoko? use NUS downloader to get system menu 4.2, then get all IOS above 51. Install them with wad manager.
how do i do this?
November 26, 2009 08:07PM
Download dop-IOS MOD from wiibrew wiki, here: [www.wiibrew.org]
Copy it to SD card.
Run HBC through BootMii.
Run dop-IOS MOD.
Select to run on an IOS that has trucha bug (if you have IOS249, use it, if not, try IOS36)
It will ask you what to install, select IOS.
Select IOS50 and press A to install.
Say no (B) when it asks if you want to patch it.
Wait for it to install.
Exit app and reboot Wii.
November 27, 2009 08:07PM
OMD thank u so much this worked perfect take u soooo much
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login