Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help! Have I bricked my Wii???

Posted by leeant992004 
Help! Have I bricked my Wii???
November 24, 2009 02:29PM
Help!! Help!!!

I am new to all this stuff on here and mabe rushed a little to fast. I Have installed the homebrew software on my wii (no modchip), I followed instuctions that came with the files I tranfered to the SD card. (wii4.0 softmod)

Homebrew channel is installed and i have seen it working but I am now faced with the preloader menu when i start up, but when I go to system menu, I get a broken up message saying my sytem files are corrupt.

Details are:

Preloader Version 0.29
ISO 50
System menu V386

Please help, I dont know what to do from here to get things working again.

Lee

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2009 03:10PM by leeant992004.
Re: Help! Have I bricked my Wii???
November 24, 2009 07:18PM
I'm not 100% on this but I think you need to have preloader boot the System Menu with IOS 60.

Also, those "softmod packs" are generally illegal and may not be the best way to go when homebrewing your Wii because you just install these things that they tell you without actually knowing what you're doing.
November 24, 2009 09:30PM
He's on 3.4, IOS50 is the right IOS. However, it needs to be ES_Identify patched. I cannot think of a tool which can ES_Identify patch IOS50 off the top of my head though....Maybe FreeTheBugs? (its a pc app which patches an IOS WAD you can get with NUSD).

Alternatively, you could just update preloader 0.29 to priiloader (which is an unofficial mod with extra features) and you need not worry about patching any IOS, as it can boot System Menu without a patched IOS.

I'd go with the later option. Download the priiloader installer and boot HBC from preloader, then run the priiloader installer.
November 24, 2009 09:43PM
Well he said "(wii4.0 softmod)"
so I assumed...
November 24, 2009 09:59PM
v386 is 3.4E. That is quite possibly WHY he has the problem, because he is on 3.4 and tried to use a 4.0 "softmod" package.
November 25, 2009 03:19PM
Ok, guys, Its not bricked , I had already installed preloader (as part of the package, had to hold reset on bootup )and the settings in the setup page were wrong (needed to be on IOS 36 within preloader 0.29, is this correct?), I changed it and it now lets me go back to the system menu and evrything seems to be working ok, original games load and homebrew channel is working and accessable (although the complete mod is still not right)

If im being honest (Im sorry if im violating the forum rules here), I have two consoles and I want to make backup's of my games to play on the other machine for my two sons. (to save on purchasing two games, NOT FOR PIRATE/DISTRIBUTION)

If anybody can help me id be much appreciated im on V3.4, it says in the system setup.
November 25, 2009 07:17PM
We will not help in any backup related matters, although I am glad you managed to fix your wii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login