Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I bricked my wii after messing up with a system menu skin.

Posted by GeneralStarshade 
I bricked my wii after messing up with a system menu skin.
November 17, 2009 04:35AM
Well first, I have a 3.2U firmware downgraded wii version/system menu. My disc channel never worked, so I always relied on backup channels, gecko OS, usb loader gx, and such to get my games started. However when I got this new game, it did not load on any of the above options, and instead gave me an error #002. So I tried updating my wii through nintendo, and then my disc channel worked and I could play my game. But before doing that, I wanted to install a wii csm file first. So I got the mym file, which sadly was meant for a 4.0 wii, made it into a csm, and installed it on my wii. After that, I shut off, turned it back on, and it somehow bypassed bootmii, and went straight to the warning screen. After that, its all blank, no error message. Some more details: I already had bootmii installed before, and it always worked fine. I already made a NAND backup. Any help??
Re: I bricked my wii after messing up with a system menu skin.
November 17, 2009 04:38AM
Yeah the update wiped out bootmii (ninty being sneaky) so you do not have it. Unfortunately I do not know how to help you.

Wait, can you run savemii discs?
November 17, 2009 04:40AM
Umm, well I'm am still unfamiliar with Savemii, my friend just referred me to here... Can you explain to me about SaveMii discs and whatnot?
November 17, 2009 04:45AM
I honestly have no experience with them but This might help.
November 17, 2009 04:48AM
Ok so for my situation, the only way out of this is to get a savemii?
November 17, 2009 05:03AM
For my situation, should I buy a SaveMii? Or is there any other way out?
November 17, 2009 05:20AM
I really don't know. Wait for someone with more experience with savemii to help. Sorry I could not be of much assistance.
November 18, 2009 03:41PM
Try SaveMiiFrii. Take the top off of a wired GC controller and press all four sides on the d-pad at once while starting up the Wii. Your sysmenu version should come up in the corner.
November 29, 2009 12:22PM
dont get save mii yet..try downloading bootmii agian..except this time from the computer..put the boot mii file that you downloaded(make sure its boot2)on the sd card..and insert the sd card in the wii,,turn the wii on..and the boot mii SHOULD come up..oh and make sure you un-zipp the folder BEFORE putting it in the sd card
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login