Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not quite a brick, but want to transfer some Miis -- if at all possible.

Posted by poohead900 
Not quite a brick, but want to transfer some Miis -- if at all possible.
December 04, 2009 03:06AM
Hello!

Much of a n00b here, can't do much at all, but still try.

I'm on my 2nd Wii now, after my first decided to die. It wasn't "bricked" per se, but wouldn't run anything from either HBC or disc. System menu would load, though!

I had Bootmii/boot2 installed, and when the problem started I just decided to go ahead and restore an old 'snapshot'... This was around when 4.2 came out and DVDX and such died, when the new HackMii installer was released. (No, I never updated to 4.2, but did want the newer Team Twiizers stuff -- considering anything that DVDX used would point to the new 'channel' ID).

Anyways, When it was restoring, it was skipping blocks like crazy, even though I knew that the NAND was much more full and robust than it was showing. So I tried a different snapshot (thinking the one I was using got mussed up somewhere along the way) and same thing. Would only restore bits and pieces, system menu would load, but nothing would run.

I eventually said to hell with that Wii (was a release model, had followed me around for a while), and purchased a nice refurb with 3.4 on it.

Hooray! I have a Wii again! Hooray, I can Trucha it! Time to transfer my Mii's and savedata to it, and just take up where I left off!

Well, savedata was all good, but my Miis on my wiimote show that I don't own them. I don't like this (trivial, I know), and since nothing in HBC will run, I can't transfer them!

If anyone has any ideas on how to pull the last of the info I need off my old Wii, its greatly appreciated. The system will still boot, but there is no more DVD drive (those pirates will pay good money for a D2A drive, ya know!). Bootmii still works, as does the system menu.

Thanks for hearing me out!
Re: Not quite a brick, but want to transfer some Miis -- if at all possible.
December 04, 2009 05:06AM
You could boot Mii Extractor through Bannerbomb, and extract all your miis.Then, load Mii Installer using banneromb on your other wii, and install all of your miis. Hope that helps. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 05:06AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
December 04, 2009 05:34PM
Thanks, WaxyPumpkin. I didn't think of booting straight from Bannerbomb, but it did boot and all my Miis were dumped.

Rock!
December 04, 2009 08:37PM
Glad I could help!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login