Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help wii bricked

Posted by shom2009 
help wii bricked
December 07, 2009 11:52PM
hi i dont really know much bout the wii stuff but my wii is 4.2E and i softmodded it with hbc and it worked great since i brought it couple months ago but the other i was looking on the net on how to change the system menu theme and i decided to give it ago meself. i used mymenu thingy with that darkwii theme thingy. anyway i installed the theme and it said completed so i restarted my wii and now its got the black screen. i can get it in recovery mode using the gamecube controller pressing the 4 buttoms on the dpad and i get 4.2E(eur) on the bottom right hand side of the screen. iav tried doing the autoboot disc but i dont think im making the disc the correct way so i would but very much gratefull for all the information people can offer me.....thanks in advance
Re: help wii bricked
December 07, 2009 11:53PM
hi i dont really know much bout the wii stuff but my wii is 4.2E and i softmodded it with hbc and it worked great since i brought it couple months ago but the other i was looking on the net on how to change the system menu theme and i decided to give it ago meself. i used mymenu thingy with that darkwii theme thingy. anyway i installed the theme and it said completed so i restarted my wii and now its got the black screen. i can get it in recovery mode using the gamecube controller pressing the 4 buttoms on the dpad and i get 4.2E(eur) on the bottom right hand side of the screen. iav tried doing the autoboot disc but i dont think im making the disc the correct way so i would but very much gratefull for all the information people can offer me.....thanks in advance
December 08, 2009 12:42AM
Not much that can really be done for you unless you have Preloader or Bootmii installed
December 08, 2009 08:37PM
There are a a few ways to fix this sort of issue and they all require a mod chip. The easiest way is with an auto-boot disc of an application to uninstall the theme. However, this only works if you have the trucha bug in the system menu IOS (unless you patched IOS 70, you do not have the trucha bug in it and can't use this method).

The other option is to run a game with an exploit in and use that exploit to run the uninstaller for the theme. The issue here is getting the game to run. If you already have Indiana Pwns on your wii, you can burn an autoboot Lego Indiana Jones game, use the exploit, and run the uninstaller.

If you do not have the trucha bug in IOS 70 and you don't have the Indiana Pwns save on your wii, your only option is to use a mod chip that can autoboot and region convert games and run an NTSC-U copy of Brawl. After getting Brawl to run, you can use Smash Stack to run the uninstaller for the theme. The issue with this is that you would need to configure the chip to autoboot the game, and this probably requires the wii to be functional. You may be able to configure it in another wii, but, if the chip saves its settings in volatile memory, they will be deleted before moving the chip into the bricked wii. If you can get Brawl to start, you can fix your wii. However, as far as I know, no one has successfully done this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login