Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SemiBrick - Access to HBC and Bootmii

Posted by EagleEyez 
SemiBrick - Access to HBC and Bootmii
January 02, 2010 02:28PM
Hey all,
I am good with computers but a noob with wii. I am hoping I can get some help getting my Wii back. I have 4.2, with Priiloder installed. When I click the system menu option the screen just flashes. BootMii is installed as an IOS. When I hacked the wii, I installed the trucha bug, deleted IOS 222,223.. and Re-installed with a WAD Manager from the SD card. I also installed IOS 70 from the card. I would assume the IOS's on the SD card were modified.

After hacking the wii worked fine. Installed USB loader ran for several days. I un-installed PriiLoader, ran for a while, Tried to re-install PriiLoader and got a DSI error. rebooted, Played more games, and tried to re-install PriiLoader again. It said it installed fine, but on re-boot I can get to PriiLoader, HBC, and BootMii but if I click on System menu the screen just flashes.

If I try to un-install the Priiloader, It says it cannot find the system menu. Is there a way to re-install the system menu?
Thanks for your help.
Re: SemiBrick - Access to HBC and Bootmii
January 02, 2010 04:58PM
This happened to me before, so let me try to explain what I did.

Using the NUS Downloader, I got the 4.2 menu for my region (since that's the version I was running) and had it packaged into a WAD. Then, using the WAD installer, I put that onto my Wii. This will reinstall the System menu and, in theory, remove Priiloader.

Um, just some extra details, though: In order to use apps through Priiloader, put them into the root of your SD card. Also, for this process to work seamlessly, it's suggested that you use a regular SD card rather than the SDHD.

Hopefully, this will help you.
January 02, 2010 05:20PM
Thank you, Is the US Region U ? Once the System Menu is restored will HBC, bootMii (IOS) etc still work or will I need to go through the hacking again?

Thanks again.
January 02, 2010 07:08PM
This worked wonderfully, You Rock.

For those who may look at this solution:
Yes, Region U = United States.
No, Re-installing System Menu does not seem to undo previous hacking. It does get rid of Priiloader, but not HBC, USB loders etc.

Thanks again, You Rock!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login