Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

semi-bricked wii

Posted by xyzorong 
semi-bricked wii
January 05, 2010 03:42AM
Good morning everyone, i have upgraded my JPN wii with US Sports Resorts, now it has become a semi-brick.

I have installed HBC and BootMii, can play games, just can't access system settings or internet, with a typical semi-brick error ( need help on Opera.... etc.)

How do i unbrick this thing? Will "Anyregion" help?

Thanks in advance..

J
Re: semi-bricked wii
January 05, 2010 04:26AM
Use NUS Downloader to download a Japanese system menu and its IOS and have it pack them into WADs. For system menu 3.2 you need IOS 30 version 1040, and for 4.1 you need IOS 60 version 6174. Use WAD Import to install the IOS and then the system menu. You must install the correct version of the correct IOS before installing the system menu, or your wii will be fully bricked.

Alternately, if you want your wii to be NTSC-U, you can use AnyRegion Changer to change the region. Changing the console area setting to US will fix your wii.

There is a small risk of this bricking your wii, so I recommend that you install Bootmii as boot2 and make a NAND backup first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 04:28AM by jbc007.
January 05, 2010 06:52AM
hey 007,

Thanks for the advice.

I want to make sure:
1, My wii is 4.1 now, isn't it? Since it upgraded by wii sports resort -USA, i can't access the system settings menu so i dont know if it is a 4.1

2. after it became semi-brick, i installed HBC and other softmod. I guess i have imported the IOS60 during the process. I have followed this instruction.
link removed
Can i use WADmanager to import the IOS 60 version 6174

3. If i change the whole thing to NTSC-U, will all the menu change to English? If it is, i would rather try this method. Do i just change all the settings to USA using AnyRegion changer?

4. I have made a copy of the URAND using bootmii, is it safe for me to do any changes i want now? If something goes wrong, i can just restore it, right?

Again, many thanks,

J

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 06:31PM by Arikado.
January 05, 2010 06:21PM
1) Wii Sports Resort has the 3.4 update.

2) That link contains things unsupported here, please remove it. In answer to your question, you can use WAD Manager to install the WADs; however, it is unsupported here because it can install illegal WADs. In fact, you can use any method to install IOS 60 you like, but you need to use a WAD if your wii is not connected to the internet.

3) If you use AnyRegion Changer to change all the settings to US, it will be just like you bought a US wii. Since you have an NTSC-U system menu already, changing the console area setting to US will fix the semi-brick. However, In order to use AnyRegion Changer, you need to have the trucha bug in IOS 35.

4) If you have Bootmii installed as boot2 (not as IOS) you will be able to restore your NAND backup if anything goes wrong, so you do not need to worry about bricking your wii.
January 06, 2010 01:38AM
Hey 007,

Problem solved.

Thanks!

James
January 06, 2010 01:56AM
No problem, glad you got it fixed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login