Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bricked wii 4.2u preloader

Posted by judd328 
bricked wii 4.2u preloader
December 08, 2009 06:40PM
installed preloader on 4.2u now cant load homebrew system menu, or load dols. when i try to load the dols the screen just turns black.
Re: bricked wii 4.2u preloader
December 08, 2009 07:40PM
Did you install the .dol in Preloader? If you didn't, Preloader can't load it.

The issue is that Preloader needs ES_Identify in the system menu IOS in order to load the system menu. The best way to fix this is to install Priiloader, which is a modification of Preloader that has a few more features and does not need ES_Identify to load the system menu.
December 12, 2009 02:31AM
yes i installed the dol file before i tried to boot it just get the black screen when i try to boot the dol files
December 12, 2009 06:07PM
Um, I'm actually having the same problem as judd.

I installed Preloader on 4.2U since my friend suggested it and wound up with a semi-bricked Wii. It still autoboots into Preloader, but whenever I try to install Priiloader, my Wiimote gets knocked off and, as far as I know, Priiloader doesn't support GC controllers. If someone could help me with this, that'd be awesome.

EDIT: So I went through Preloader and, using WAD Manager 1.5, was able to reinstall the System Menu 4.2. It took out Preloader, but it fixed my Wii and it's now running with Priiloader. Thanks for the help anyways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2009 09:48PM by daxenryal.
December 13, 2009 03:24AM
i cant get any of the dols to run i think its because i put an old version of preloader on. i think im just going to send it to nintendo.
December 13, 2009 09:27PM
Wait, what version of Preloader and what type of SD card are you using? You need to use a regular SD card, not a SDHD. But it all depends on what you did before you semi-bricked your Wii. I modded IOS 36, so I was able to use that to reinstall the system menu, but if you didn't do that, you might need to do some more backtracking that would cause things to get a bit messy. :/

And personally, I wouldn't trust Nintendo (or the Postal Services, for that matter). They might be able to fix it, but when? If you read their repair statements, they'll get to your Wii when they can. Not exactly reliable.
my wii says error 003 unothaurized device has been detected
December 20, 2009 03:03PM
ok guys,im not a geek in gadjets but can some1 pls help me..my wii has been bricked to version 4.2(i think)when i turn the power on its says (error 003:unautharized device has been detected)i remember the first time i updated my wii i got 2 new channels which were weather forecast channel and news channel so i thought ok if i update it 1 more time i can get more channels instead my wii got bricked and said error 003......... so yeah is it possible for this kinda prob to get fixed
Re: my wii says error 003 unothaurized device has been detected
December 21, 2009 12:38AM
wiibrick
ok guys,im not a geek in gadjets but can some1 pls help me..my wii has been bricked to version 4.2(i think)when i turn the power on its says (error 003:unautharized device has been detected)i remember the first time i updated my wii i got 2 new channels which were weather forecast channel and news channel so i thought ok if i update it 1 more time i can get more channels instead my wii got bricked and said error 003......... so yeah is it possible for this kinda prob to get fixed
That is because you have a Korean Wii that has been converted to another region. There's nothing you can do atm.
January 20, 2010 05:52PM
Hi daxenryal
could you be so kind to explain to me how did you fix yours,
I've done the same mistake with mine (also 4.2U) and cant get it out of the preloader menu, (i used preloader .29)
all sub-menus are not working at all and is not recognizing the SD , so my chance to repair it will be via Disc,,

Rgds.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login