Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brick while update to 4.2U"blackscreen" can Savemii fix it?

Posted by duhitpt 
Brick while update to 4.2U"blackscreen" can Savemii fix it?
January 30, 2010 01:48AM
SO i brick my wii while try update it to 4.2U and my previous version is 4.0U. i read alot of forum about savemii and how it can fix w/out the method of Openup the wii and add in component. im new to all this situation can someone tell me if savemii can fix my wii? or i have to wait for another wii Update version to come out and fix it w/ savemii? thanks
Re: Brick while update to 4.2U"blackscreen" can Savemii fix it?
January 30, 2010 02:20AM
Savemii will not help you. If you have a working NAND backup from your wii, your wii's keys, or your wii is old enough to install Bootmii as boot2, you can fix it with a hardware NAND programmer. However, since the brick was caused by a failed update, Nintendo will fix it for free. They won't be able to tell that you have homebrew.

Bushing was looking for a wii bricked by the 4.2 update. I don't know if he still is, but you may want to contact him regarding it. You can read this for more information.
January 30, 2010 02:27AM
like after they fix it do they turn on and check if your wii has homebrew channel? or they wipe your system and give u a completely new system cause im scared that they figure out the homebrew channel on my wii!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2010 02:28AM by duhitpt.
January 30, 2010 02:38AM
jbc007
They won't be able to tell that you have homebrew.

As I said, you don't have to worry about it. Nintendo does not repair wiis bricked by the update; they will send you a new one. They will not know that you have homebrew.
January 30, 2010 02:41AM
oh cause im scared that when i send it in they fix it, and dump all the info what happen befored it brick to the USB drive and check for Hacking Software then fine me or charged me for more then it supposed to be; and my previous wii i have mod it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2010 02:41AM by duhitpt.
January 30, 2010 03:14AM
It's not an issue.
January 30, 2010 03:17AM
so are you really really sure cause i saw alot of people posting their bill online said that when they send their moded wii in they detech it. and charged 210.oo dollar to fix it and sometime higher then that. but those people either hardmod their wii im only softmod but got brick while update to 4.2
January 30, 2010 03:25AM
If they really wanted to, Nintendo could find out that you have homebrew, but they won't. If you are still not convinced, you could just send it to Bushing.
January 30, 2010 03:39AM
but form your expericen do they have ever do it?
January 30, 2010 04:19AM
I don't have personal experience on this matter. However, if you look around, in particular at the Preloader Brick topic and some Hackmii articles, it is clear that Nintendo does not determine what is installed on fully bricked wiis. In the case of a banner brick or any other brick that can be fixed with their autoboot disc (any case in which Savemii does anything) they will see homebrew, if it is present, and refuse the repair. However, that does not apply in your situation. They will not find out that you have homebrew.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2010 04:20AM by jbc007.
January 30, 2010 05:29AM
ooh ok im gonna give Nintendo a call tomorrow
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login