Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Full Brick

Posted by ilikepieguy 
Full Brick
February 13, 2010 10:57PM
My wii is fully bricked. My wii version is 4.2U and yes i have bootmii instulled as boot 2 so i can still acuss the HBC.
I followed the savemii diagnostic and it led me to branch C and it said the SYSCONF is missing or damaged.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 11:01PM by ilikepieguy.
Re: Full Brick
February 13, 2010 11:30PM
Try reinstalling the system menu via Dop-IOS MOD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 11:30PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
February 13, 2010 11:56PM
I already did and it worked but the wii was still bricked.
February 14, 2010 12:34AM
Are you sure it's not a banner brick [A]?
What happened leading up to the full brick?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2010 12:34AM by bg4545.
February 14, 2010 01:31AM
I'm abosolutly positive it was not a banner brick because when i boot up my wii it shows nothing not even a black screen except when i have my sd card in it because i have bootmii. The last thing i was doing was trying to downgrade it worked good untill the instalation which frooze during the process. I was tring to downgrade to 3.2U by the way. Bootmii says i still have version 4.2U
February 14, 2010 01:51AM
Reinstalling the system menu alone won't fix this sort of issue. If you have a working NAND backup, it is best to restore it. If not, you will need to use Comex's NAND formatter (here is the readme). Alternately, I think that you could use System Setting Replace Mod. After that, installing the system menu should work. In order to use it, you must first install cIOS 249. If you have the stub IOS 249 from the 4.2 update, you must run the cIOS installer twice. The first time it will remove the stub, the second time it will install cIOS.
February 14, 2010 03:30AM
jbc007
Reinstalling the system menu alone won't fix this sort of issue. If you have a working NAND backup, it is best to restore it. If not, you will need to use Comex's NAND formatter (here is the readme). Alternately, I think that you could use System Setting Replace Mod. After that, installing the system menu should work. In order to use it, you must first install cIOS 249. If you have the stub IOS 249 from the 4.2 update, you must run the cIOS installer twice. The first time it will remove the stub, the second time it will install cIOS.
Well i tried the settings replace and it didnt work. I trieed the formatter it said it was a invalid wii app.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2010 03:30AM by ilikepieguy.
February 14, 2010 03:56AM
You need to launch Comex's NAND formatter through Bootmii. Go to the SD card section, navigate to where ever you put the formatter, and select it. Before using the formatter, make sure to put the correct WADs (the ones mentioned in the readme) in a folder called wad on the root of your SD card.
February 14, 2010 04:43AM
jbc007
You need to launch Comex's NAND formatter through Bootmii. Go to the SD card section, navigate to where ever you put the formatter, and select it. Before using the formatter, make sure to put the correct WADs (the ones mentioned in the readme) in a folder called wad on the root of your SD card.
Well the forematter partly worked. Nothing got forematted so i still have all my data. Yet, now my wii makes the press a show up but it's just a black screen after that. The good thing is now I have full acsess to my channels. I just have to use Wiimu. So can i fix the press a then black screen thing?
February 14, 2010 06:26AM
I guess that version of the formatter only installs the WADs, but does not format. That sounds familiar. Anyway, your current issue is a banner brick. If you can find a way to get to data management, it will likely be clear what channel you need to delete. Otherwise, use AnyTitle Deleter to check what channels are installed on your wii. Delete all channels except the Homebrew Channel and the channels made by Nintendo.

For convience, you may want to use one of the modifications of AnyTitle Deleter listed at the bottom of its page.
February 15, 2010 12:09AM
I think the hombrow channel is causing the banner brick cause i cant acsess it anymore. I could before but now i cant.
February 15, 2010 12:55AM
The Homebrew Channel can't be the cause of your banner brick. If you can't access it then it may have been removed somehow..
I'm not sure what you can do if you can't access homebrew
February 15, 2010 01:08AM
The hbc stopped working when i installed menu version 3.2U through dop-ios mod. Even when i tried returning to the hbc from it, it just said returning to loader and stayed like that.
February 15, 2010 08:50PM
Then maybe its an IOS issue..what IOS is marked in the HBC TMD ?
February 16, 2010 12:12AM
If you can't run Homebrew, you should use Betwiin to convert a NAND backup from another wii to work on yours. Then restore it to your wii with Bootmii.

The donor wii must have Bootmii installed as boot2, the same boot1 version, and the same or greater boot2 version as your wii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login