Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with unbricking a Wii with a Savemii

Posted by elmoreas 
Help with unbricking a Wii with a Savemii
January 15, 2010 08:40AM
Issue: My nextdoor neighbor and my friend has a young kid and he was messing around with his dad's Wii and got into the HBC apps tonight and got into TBR or Dop IOS Mod (Not sure which he is too young to ask and get a straight answer) and messed up the system menu IOS.

Info on system: When it boots up you just get a black screen and the "opera error" and thats it. It will not progress any further. It had system menu v4.0 on it and obviously the HBC was installed on it. BTW Bootmii on Boot2 is not an option as it is an IOS on his system. He does have a drivechip installed on it, it is the Wasabi DX/Zero Dual chip. Homebrew has not been able to be booted in anyway.

What I need help with: I plan to take my savemii over and try to unbrick his Wii but what I need help with is the autoboot disk that contains the tools to update the system menu. Basically I was wanting to know if anyone knew where I could find the files and how I need to set them up on the disc so when I burn the disc as a bootable disc (I do burn it as a bootable disc right?) his system will recognize it and update the menu and unbrick the Wii. So if anyone knows where I can get the files, the iso's layout, and how to format the disc, I would appreciate the information. Or if the guys at hackmii, the ones who made savemii, have a downloadable iso for the autoboot disc then a link to that file would be great. I have checked hackmii and savemii's websites to no avail but I am very tired so it is possible I missed something. If anyone could help I would appreciate it as I would really like to help my friend out. Especially since he would then owe me a favor and the Christmas lights need to come down this weekend and I could use a second set of hands. :P jk Thanks in advance to those that help.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas
Re: Help with unbricking a Wii with a Savemii
January 15, 2010 07:48PM
It sounds like it isnt the System Menu IOS that's the problem. If that were the case, nothing would happen on power on, it would just be a black screen. I think the child may have installed a different region's System Menu or something. If you have or can get NSMB from the region of the Wii, try inserting your SaveMii then inserting NSMB. Hopefully it should install the update, and fix the Wii. If not, come back for further advice.
January 15, 2010 09:25PM
I have that game and tried it and bingo it worked, great idea. Thank you. Christmas lights coming down tomorrow with help. Sweet.

Elmoreas
January 15, 2010 10:37PM
Glad you got it fixed.
February 10, 2010 05:54AM
In the future, you can buy a DDR dance pad or a GC controller. I believe one of those is cheaper than a SaveMii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login