Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just got home...

Posted by settsuo 
Just got home...
February 20, 2010 03:42AM
Well I just got home to find my Wii bricked. It turns out my brother bricked it using a homebrew application to update 3.2U to 4.0U. It powers on but the Screen is black. I can also power on the system with my Wii mote but after that it can't connect anymore, anyone have some tips to fix this idiots mistake any help would be much appreciated...
Re: Just got home...
February 20, 2010 04:04AM
This is why "safe" updaters are a very bad idea. Unless you already have Bootmii installed as boot2, you will need to use a hardware NAND programmer to fix it. This will only work if you already have a working NAND backup, your wii's keys, or a wii old enough to install Bootmii as boot2.
February 20, 2010 03:38PM
Actually after a bunch of research the SaveMii which I own should fix it properly.
February 21, 2010 09:38PM
settsuo
Actually after a bunch of research the SaveMii which I own should fix it properly.

That won't work. Savemii only works if the system menu and its IOS are functional, which is not the case.
February 23, 2010 06:28PM
Well judging by these
I
v

[savemii.net]

If you start off at wii screen is black, then just go to D save mii is all I needed which did work in restoring my wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2010 06:28PM by settsuo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login