Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bit.Trip Runner Freeze Help

Posted by themaid 
Bit.Trip Runner Freeze Help
May 27, 2010 05:51PM
Hi. My Wii freezes on a black screen every time, just as the first level of bit.trip runner is about to begin, and I have to turn off the power to get it back. I've tried re-downloading the game from the shop a few times to no effect.

I'm on firmware 4.2u, all of my IOSes are the current versions, and every other game that I've tried--Wiiware or otherwise--has worked perfectly.

Anyone have any ideas?
Re: Bit.Trip Runner Freeze Help
May 27, 2010 06:31PM
Just to make absolutely sure, you did buy it, right? (I know you mentioned the Shop Channel, but you wouldn't be the first to try and get help with warezed games saying you got it from shop channel. Its not that I don't trust you.)

It does seem quite strange that this one game fails to work... Have you tired loading it through a homebrew channel loader?
May 27, 2010 07:48PM
I did buy it, yes. I love bit.trip games. I've tried triiforce and it froze at exactly the same point. nobody else seems to be having any trouble with the game, so I'm thinking that there's something wrong with my hardware that only seems to affect that one game; it's really frustrating.
May 27, 2010 08:22PM
Yeah, sounds pretty weird...I'm sorry, I have no idea what to advise you to do. Let's hope someone else has an idea.
May 27, 2010 08:29PM
I hope so.

I'm going to give Nintendo a call, but I doubt that they'll have any useful ideas, aside from sending it in to have it replaced, since my problem seems to be pretty obscure, going by forum posts and google searches.
May 27, 2010 08:41PM
You could try reinstalling the latest version of the game's IOS without patches. I would guess that it uses IOS 53, 55, or 56, but I don't know for sure.

If that doesn't work, use DOP-Mii to patch IOS 36 with the trucha bug and ES_Identify. Then launch the game with Gecko OS and see if it works.

These are just some things you could try, but they may not help. If nothing works (or if you don't want to waste time trying things), you may need to send it to Nintendo. However, unless you can remove all traces of homebrew (which could be very difficult, depending on what all you installed) they will not repair it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2010 08:46PM by jbc007.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login