Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error 003

Posted by Andrew 
Error 003
August 19, 2010 04:29PM
My wii is bricked withh 003, i didnt have a saftey program (doesnt get fixed when you hold the reset button) it had been hacked with homebrew and allowed me to play games from around the world.
My wii bricked either because the new games i had required a system update (avatar the last airbender)
I think this wii has never been connectted to the internet unless my brother connected to a network while i had gone to the us
Is it possible to get a system update without conneting to the internet???
Thanks
Re: Error 003
August 19, 2010 06:00PM
Your Wii is a Korean wii which has been region changed and updated to either 4.2 or 4.3 of a non-Korean region. I do not know of any current working workaround. Sorry.
August 20, 2010 11:05AM
Ive been reading some other forums, if i upgrade to 4.3 k will it get fixed? Or would a downgrade help?
Is there anything else i can do with the wii while its bricked?
August 20, 2010 11:38AM
Upgrade to 4.3K would work if it's possible at all, but I don't think it is at the moment. You can't downgrade. You can't do anything.
If there is a game with 4.3K on it and if your Wii is on 4.2, you would be able to run the update by using the "SaveMiiFrii" method:
You'd need a Gamecube controller. Disassemble it. Plug it into the 4th player slot and press all 4 directions on the D-pad while powering on the Wii. This will enter the recovery menu which shows your current System Menu version. If it is 4.2 then you can insert a game with the 4.3K update and it will run the update [it will not show progress or anything]. Once the update is complete you should be able to see that it is now 4.3K and your Wii should be fixed.
August 20, 2010 03:23PM
That will work only if your wii's region is still Korea (meaning that the game you updated from is an out or region game, and it installed the system menu for the wrong region). If your wii was not Korean before the update, it will not accept a Korean update from a game disc.
August 20, 2010 08:55PM
Let me explain better, i live in india and bought the wii about a year ago (i had homebrew) so there should be no problem with the region
(bg4545) could you explain the whole vwesion thing? Thanks.
August 20, 2010 10:33PM
Your wii was likely region changed, which means that there is nothing you can do. However, since there is a possibility that it is still region Korea, you may want to attempt a fix. This is a simple procedure.

1) Find a game with the 4.2K or later update and put it in your wii.

2) Use SaveMii/SaveMiiFrii to access the rescue menu.

3) On the rescue menu screen you will see something like "version 4.2" followed by the system menu region (4.2U, for example). Wait for it to change to something ending with a K (4.2K, for example). At this point, turn your wii off. When you turn it back on, your wii will work normally. Note that if your wii is currently set to a region other than Korea, the screen will never change and your wii will not be fixed.

By intentionally bricking people's wiis (as in your case), Nintendo supposedly could face legal issues. At least, this was (and still is) taken as a definite reason why Nintendo will never intentionally brick someone's wii because they have homebrew. Interestingly, most people seem to ignore the fact that Nintendo has done just that with error 003.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2010 10:39PM by jbc007.
August 20, 2010 11:31PM
jbc007
Your wii was likely region changed, which means that there is nothing you can do. However, since there is a possibility that it is still region Korea, you may want to attempt a fix. This is a simple procedure.

1) Find a game with the 4.2K or later update and put it in your wii.

2) Use SaveMii/SaveMiiFrii to access the rescue menu.

3) On the rescue menu screen you will see something like "version 4.2" followed by the system menu region (4.2U, for example). Wait for it to change to something ending with a K (4.2K, for example). At this point, turn your wii off. When you turn it back on, your wii will work normally. Note that if your wii is currently set to a region other than Korea, the screen will never change and your wii will not be fixed.

By intentionally bricking people's wiis (as in your case), Nintendo supposedly could face legal issues. At least, this was (and still is) taken as a definite reason why Nintendo will never intentionally brick someone's wii because they have homebrew. Interestingly, most people seem to ignore the fact that Nintendo has done just that with error 003.
Isn't that what I said?
August 21, 2010 12:15AM
bg4545
Isn't that what I said?

After a second look at the topic, it seems that you're right. I guess I forgot about that when writing my response.
August 21, 2010 05:28AM
Yeah, but im kinda new to this stuff sorry
What kind of game will have 4.2?
Would i have to burn a disk or would it be on a game
August 21, 2010 05:54AM
And which modchip do you think i should get?
August 21, 2010 07:13AM
You need any Korean game with the 4.2 or higher update (meaning a relatively new game, but I couldn't tell you which have 4.2). A mod chip is not necessary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2010 07:14AM by jbc007.
August 24, 2010 04:32AM
After another look at the game region detection feature, it seems to me that there is no possibility that this will work. System menu 4.2 and higher have improved game region detection, and your system menu is not Korean. Therefore, it will not allow you to run or perform an update from a Korean game.
August 24, 2010 06:31AM
jbc007
After another look at the game region detection feature, it seems to me that there is no possibility that this will work. System menu 4.2 and higher have improved game region detection, and your system menu is not Korean. Therefore, it will not allow you to run or perform an update from a Korean game.
Even if the "GAME" setting is still Korean? I doubt that the regionfree patches change this along with installing a different System Menu by itself.
August 25, 2010 12:42PM
Is there anyway i can download this game?? U no a korean game
There r a lot of koreans in india but i dont no if any of them have a korean wii and can help
And even if it doesnt work i want to it anyway
August 25, 2010 04:57PM
bg4545
Even if the "GAME" setting is still Korean? I doubt that the regionfree patches change this along with installing a different System Menu by itself.

Maybe. For some reason, I was thinking that the new system menu compares the game's region to the system menu region (I'm probably wrong). I'm also guessing that the game region setting is not currently set to Korea, but there is no way to know for sure.

Andrew
Is there anyway i can download this game?? U no a korean game
There r a lot of koreans in india but i dont no if any of them have a korean wii and can help
And even if it doesnt work i want to it anyway

Piracy is not supported here. Neither could it work. You must use an original game, not a pirated copy.
August 26, 2010 03:55PM
Ok, so, the bottom line is, a korean game is needed
August 26, 2010 07:16PM
Yes, and again, odds are it won't work.
August 28, 2010 09:06AM
Got it, is there any software thqt will overide this?? I have an sd card
August 28, 2010 11:25PM
Override what?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login