Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help please wii partially works

Posted by medohaqatar 
Help please wii partially works
December 24, 2010 12:50PM
I bought a Wii from the Middle East in December 2007. When I bought it I was told that it would play NTSC/PAL/BackUp games, and that it had not been modified. The sticker on the bottom says it is an NTSC modle but for about 18 months it did play the PAL games that we bought.

We bought Wii Sports Resort and tried to play that, it asked to do an update we said yes, then the screen went blank.

It will still play PAL Mario Kart, but won't play most other games when you put in Wii sports resort it goes through to let you click start and then jags with a black screen. It will not let you get to the settings menu that just shows a White opera screen cannot access marc:FIX/US/ENG/index01.HTML
with a couple of links that you cannot access.

Whilst I can download software and buy most games in either PAL or NTSL it would take about 2 weeks to get additional components like savemii etc.

As a complete numpty can someone provide mr with step by step clear instructions to get our wii working again. Nintendo say there is absolutely nothing that can be done short of putting it in the bin.
We have another PAL wii that we got when sports resort wouldn't work as a result even this can be converted to PAL only it would help.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Help please wii partially works
December 24, 2010 01:03PM
I am assuming you have System Menu 4.0E now, because IIRC that is what came with Wii Sports Resort. You need to try and run some homebrew, that's the easiest way to fix this. As you can't access the settings menu, I am hoping you can access the SD Menu (by clicking the small blue SD card icon beside the Settings menu button on the System Menu). Provided this is the case, please try this: [wiisixtyfour.webs.com] following the instructions for bannerbomb v2. If this works, you should have the Homebrew Channel installed afterwards. Once this is the case, load "Dop-Mii: WiiBrew Edition" (which you can find on wiibrew.org) and use it to install System Menu 4.2U, which should fix all your issues.
December 25, 2010 08:51AM
Thanks just looking at them the you reckon I have 4.0. The v2 says for for 4.2 only should I not therefore be trying v1 ?
December 26, 2010 02:31PM
v1 can't work because it requires you to enter the Wii Settings menu, which you are unable to do. v2 has been reported to work on 4.0/4.1 by some people, and so it is really your best hope right now. If it doesn't work, we may be able to try something else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login