Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot connect to wireless or wired Internet anymore!

Posted by surfwax 
Cannot connect to wireless or wired Internet anymore!
May 11, 2011 12:55AM
I've successfully installed the necessary software and can run HBC on my Wii. For awhile, after I modded, I was able to access the Internet from my Wii, but recently, I cannot connect to my network anymore. The "network connection test" fails every time. My Wii worked when it was on my wireless network running WEP, and I upgraded to WPA for better security, but I can't connect anymore!

I've tried everything you can think of in regards to ensuring my network is working properly. I tried 802.11 a, b, and g, WEP, WPA, WPA2, open auth., wired (nintendo usb network adapter and off-brand model), dynamic and static IP/DNS address assignment, different router models, router reboots, MAC address "whitelist" and static DHCP IP address assignment, etc. etc. I know my network is functioning b/c I have desktops, laptops, an iPod, iPad, VOIP adapter and PS3 connected to my network. They can all access the Internet without issue. I even used a neighbor's WEP key to try and connect to THEIR router.

No matter what I do, I keep getting all the nintendo error codes, 52222, 52221, 52230, etc. depending on how I have the Wii and network router configured at that time. One person suggested that I may have an issue with priiloader, but I'm running BootMii, and I don't know if I can even have priiloader running at the same time. I admit that I tried a lot of different configurations and applications when trying to get HBC running. Eventually, I found the HackMii installer guide, followed the instructions, and everything worked. Perhaps I loaded some piece of software that is butting heads somewhere? Does anyone out there have any ideas what the issue could be?
Re: Cannot connect to wireless or wired Internet anymore!
May 13, 2011 04:39PM
those errors often mean the router is not accessable from the wii

check your priiloader hacks
check if the router's channel is 6 or 11 (11 recommended for nintendo products iirc)

that, or the wifi module is just broke (if it can't even find a router in the settings then its def broken)
Re: Cannot connect to wireless or wired Internet anymore!
May 17, 2011 01:34PM
sorry for the delay in my response. I forgot to mention that I also tried changing channel numbers, understanding that only three channels in the 2.4GHz spectrum don't overlap (1, 6, and 11). Alas, it WAS my priiloader hack! Somehow, I had the option "force wifi connection failure" set to "enabled". No idea why, but it's all good now! Thanks for the major assist daco!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login