Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

should i send it in?

Posted by g_man 
should i send it in?
April 03, 2009 01:01AM
There is a hadeware problem with my wii that i don't know how to fix and it wont read disks. I want to send it in, but i don't want it updated to 4.0 (currently 3.4) then i can't use homebrew. Also I have installed hbc and if i remove it can they tell and get mad at me?
Re: should i send it in?
April 03, 2009 03:54AM
HBC removes your warrenty... its in the faq i believe, hombrew mean you wish to play with your system outside of the manufactures warrenty.

not to be mean, but they wont help you.
April 03, 2009 04:47AM
they might help... because most likely, they wont even look at your Wii's menu...they would just replace whatever is wrong.

BUT, if you think your drive is dead, you can buy a new on online and install it yourself. I have taken my Wii appart for fun, and it isn't very hard.
April 03, 2009 06:23AM
DrLucky
If you think your drive is dead, you can buy a new on online and install it yourself. I have taken my Wii appart for fun, and it isn't very hard.

i hope so, cause had not luck that why i had a non-nintendo warrenty.
April 04, 2009 12:14AM
Ok my dvd drive isn't broken, i can play Finding Nemo with Mplayer so should i try formating my wii. I have VC games that i don't want to lose. I'm on system menu 3.4 and don't want to downgrade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2009 12:24AM by g_man.
April 04, 2009 10:05PM
You may want to consider backing up your vc games and sending it in. you may have to wait a little while for a new exploit for homebrew, unless they just replace the drive or adjust the focus on the laser. I would remove homebrew before you send it in. If you do that they won't be able to see it at a first glance. And if you write down exactly what your system is doing and what it is not, they will probably just do the work to make it work and not waste time updating. But it is just a guess, not a promise. I would imagine that there is a good chance that they might not update it and if they do there will be a new way to get homebrew (people are working on a workaround for version 4.0). If you are still worried about your vc games they will let you redownload them whenever you want (if you paid for them).
Good luck.
April 05, 2009 05:42AM
I got Gecko OS to work so i think i'm ok now. I don't think it was my disk reader, but the disk channel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login