Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trying to Recover From a Brick

Posted by Nova 
Trying to Recover From a Brick
March 15, 2012 06:49AM
Hey everyone,

My wii (v 4.3u) recently got the "boot to blackscreen" problem. I'm not sure how I bricked it, as it worked one day, I powered off, and it no longer worked the next time I launched it up (nothing was changed on it). I have access to priiloader (and can get to bootmii from there, installed as IOS). I can also launch to HBC from there, but it seems to behave a bit oddly.

I fear that I could have lost my NAND backups, but it's unlike me to delete anything like that, so if anyone knows their default names I can run a search on my comp / sd. Assuming I lost the backups, is there anything else I could possibly do?

Thanks for any help.
Re: Trying to Recover From a Brick
March 15, 2012 07:09AM
First make a new nand backup, it is named sd:\nand.bin.
Second, do your wiimotes work in priiloader? Can you power the wii on with the wiimote?
March 15, 2012 07:26AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

-I went through the BootMii Backup thing, it found a couple bad blocks, but that's normal, right?

-I can power on my wii with the wiimote, and it works in priiloader.

I should also mention that I can launch to any channel from priiloader, it's oddly just the main system menu that isn't working.

Thanks again.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2012 07:30AM by Nova.
March 15, 2012 03:33PM
Get giantpunes nandbincheck

do-
nandbincheck nand.bin -all -v

That will check your nand for errors, perhaps give some clue to the issue. Post the log
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login